Yoga is the scientific way to approach all your mental and physical problems. This is because the exercises can modify your metabolism and heal your mind. Think of it as a continuous research process that has been passed on from generation to the next to perfect the system. Here, we see which yoga asanas will help you develop good shape of buttocks and thighs.
Yoga exercises for buttocks and thighs at home
Divers Pose yoga
Divers Pose Benefits: Tones the thighs, increases the muscles in the buttocks, strengthens the core, and improves the metabolic activity.
Divers Pose steps:
- Come from standing position and bend the knee softly.
- Bend at the waist fully as if you want to hit the floor with your head.
- Take your hands back and spread your fingers.
- Raise on your toes and tighten the shoulders and calves.
- Keep the eyes soft.
- Return to standing position.
Avoid if you have high or low blood pressure, injuries to the back or leg.
Warrior I Pose (Virabhadrasana I)
Virabhadrasana Benefits: Strengthens the abs, buttocks and tones the thighs. It helps you develop concentration.
- Come from downward facing dog asana and step your right foot forward.
- Turn the left foot outward so that you have a thrust in the forward direction.
- Stretch up with your hands, palms facing each other.
- Keep your tailbone pointed down and the navel pressed inward.
Avoid if you have headaches or migraines.
Salabhasana – Locust Pose
Salabhasana Benefits: It cures lower back pain, strengthens and shapes the buttocks, removes fatigue, flatulence, and constipation.
- Begin by lying prone on the ground and keep your hands by your side.
- Point your toes down and keep your eyes soft.
- Inhale and raise your torso and your feet so that you are balanced on your stomach.
- Raise your eyes to look forward to the wall in front of you.
- Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds.
- Then, relax for a few seconds.
Avoid if you have headache or back injury.
Single leg Plank Pose
Single leg Plank Pose Benefits: It gives good abdominal strength and lower back stability. It helps reduce the fat in the thighs and increase the muscles in the buttocks. You get better breathing and flexibility. It activates the core.
Single leg Plank Pose steps:
- Start from the prone position on the mat.
- Bring your hands below your torso and rest on your elbows.
- Fold your hands so that you can catch the elbows with the palm.
- Keep your body straight and lift one leg by bending it at the knee.
- Hold the pose and repeat for the other leg.
Avoid if you have headaches or serious back or leg injury.
Triangle Pose – Trikonasana
Trikonasana Benefits: Stretches and strengthens the hips, buttocks and thighs, stabilizes the torso and increases muscular endurance. It opens the heart chakra.
- Stand with your legs 3-4 feet apart. Spread your hands to the side so that the palms are facing forward.
- Turn your left foot inward and your right foot ninety degrees to the outside.
- The torso is now turned to the right.
- Stretch out your left hand to the sky and place your right hand below on the floor near your left ankle.
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds and then do for the other side.
Avoid if you have leg or neck injuries.
Dancing Shiva Pose – Natarajasana
Natarajasana Benefits: Helps tone the abdominal organs, improve balance, strengthen the buttocks and thighs, and improve concentration. The metabolic activity improves.
- Come from mountain pose and lock the abdomen.
- Raise your left leg and grab your left ankle with your left hand.
- Balance firmly on your right leg.
- Stretch your right hand out in front of you and make a ring of the thumb and pointer fingers.
Avoid if you have injuries to the leg or low or high blood pressure. This is the dancing Shiva pose. Repeat for the other leg.
Warrior 3 Pose – (Virabhadrasana III)
Warrior 3 Pose Benefits: Helps improve the balance and firms the buttocks and makes the thigh slim. It augments the metabolic activity.
Warrior 3 Pose steps:
- In this, one makes a T out of the body.
- Stand on one leg and raise the other leg back, while simultaneously reaching forward with the hands.
- Keep your head between the hands in line with it. Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds and then repeat with the other leg.
Avoid if you have any injuries to the lower back or have headaches.
Chair Pose – Utkatasana
Utkatasana Benefits: Helps to make the thighs slim and increase the muscles in the buttocks, calves and legs. It improves your balance and augments the digestive system.
- Start from the standing position and slowly bend your knees.
- Raise your hands out in front of you with palms facing each other.
- Bend your knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds. Then, come to relaxing standing position.
Avoid if you have injury in the leg or back.
Elevated Wide Squat
Elevated Wide Squat Benefits: Helps to increase the muscles of leg, hips, buttocks, and thighs. It strengthens the core.
Elevated Wide Squat steps:
- Start from standing position and bring your legs 3-4 feet apart.
- Turn your toes outward and begin the squat.
- Lower your back slowly until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds and repeat as needed.
Avoid if you have migraines, headaches, low or high blood pressure.
Purvottanasana – Upward Facing Plank Pose
Purvottanasana Benefits:Develops the core strength, improves the tone of the thighs and buttocks. Helps improve appetite and alleviate stress.
- Start from sitting position with the legs out in front of you.
- Keep your hand by the side with the fingers pointed towards your leg.
- Press your hand down on the floor and raise your torso without any jerky movement.
- Keep your legs straight and your toes pointed.
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds. Relax and come to sitting position.
Avoid if you have leg or back injuries.
There is a thing like you can overdo a good thing. So, if you feel any pain or discomfort while doing the yoga asanas, take a break. Check with your yoga instructor whether it is normal and then continue. Most of the time, yoga works for most normal people.
- Yoga Journal Baptiste Yoga: 9 Poses for Strong, Toned Glutes https://www.yogajournal.com/
- Style Craze 12 Yoga Exercises To Get Your Thighs And Hips In Shape http://www.stylecraze.com/
- Shape 11 Yoga Poses for a Great Butt http://www.shape.com/