Being tired is a physical state. The reason for your tiredness may be mental, psychological, or physical. If you remain tired all the time the reason may be an illness. Or, it could be the state of your mind. In this article, we will talk about why am I always tired and how to be energetic all the time?
Why am I always tired – Reasons for the tiredness
This is a serious ailment. It affects our entire lifestyle because it changes our thoughts about ourselves. It makes us feel tired and listless. This is the perfect answer for why am I so tired.
Symptoms: The symptoms may last for a few weeks, or it may last for one year or more. You experience decreased energy and feeling of hopelessness. Negativity creeps in, and we begin to lose enthusiasm. The patient will always have a persistent empty mood.
Treatment for depression: You treat depression with antidepressants. On a psychological level, you use cognitive behavior therapy. Among medicines, you also use Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor. You can also try yoga poses for depression.
2. Thyroid disease
When the thyroid hormones do not maintain the right balance, you get thyroid disease. The thyroid produces hormones that regulate the working of the human body. When this hormone thyroxin becomes too much (hyperthyroidism), you become tired. So if you are tired all the time, you may have thyroid disease.
Causes: Iodine deficiency, virus or bacteria attack causing inflammation of the thyroids, autoimmune diseases leading to hyperthyroidism, nodules (non-cancerous lumps) form inside the throat, cancerous tumors, and genetic disorders.
Symptoms: Even walking or doing simple daily tasks will become tiresome. You have unexplained weight loss, increased thirst, and menstrual flow becomes less frequent. The patient has a warm feeling all the time. You see swelling at the back of the neck.
Treatment: Hyperthyroidism is simple to detect. Oral medication will help. At times, you might need surgery.
You have anemia when you lack red blood cells. These are the cells in the blood that brings the oxygen. When you lack red blood cells, your organs get lesser oxygen. If you are feeling tired all the time, you may have anemia.
Causes: Iron, vitamin deficiency, internal bleeding, kidney failure, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis. Also, it might occur due to loss of blood during menstruation or due to the need for iron during pregnancy.
Symptoms: Feeling tired, difficulty sleeping, loss of concentration, feeling of light-headedness, headaches, and chest pains.
Treatment for anemia: You take iron supplements for iron deficiency anemia. It is due to bleeding (not menstruation) then you must stop it. Dietary supplements will do for vitamin deficiency anemia.
You might have anemia from chronic disease. For this, there is no specific treatment, but the doctor will try to treat the underlying disease. For aplastic anemia, you must have blood transfusions.
4. Chronic Fatigue
Many people suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and this makes them tired. They do their work but get tired easily.
Symptoms: Muscle and joint pain, tender lymph nodes, headache, loss of concentration, and weakness are the common symptoms.
Treatment: Self-care relaxation techniques along with stress management are the best solution. If they prescribe any medicines, it may be antidepressants.
Also Read: Home remedies for fatigue treatment
When one has diabetes (either type 1 or type 2), one is unable to make or use insulin. This prevents the glucose from entering into our cells. So, we lose our source of energy, and this makes us tired. It also causes a build-up of glucose in the blood.
Symptoms: The symptoms in most cases are minimal. You might have excessive urination and thirst. People also experience fatigue and weight loss. At times, they also have blurred vision.
Treatment: You can treat Type 2 diabetes by controlling the diet. You need to make lifestyle changes also. For this diabetes, exercise, insulin, and medication will work. For Type 1, you need exercise, controlled diet, insulin therapy, and blood sugar testing several times in a day.
Method of remaining energetic all the time
First, make sure there is no possibility of disease. Then, make lifestyle changes. These include the following:
- Be on the move: Keep a dynamic calendar. If you have empty days in your schedule, find something to do. Take up some hobby or go fishing. We need this to keep the mind energetic. The mind stimulates us to keep working. Work produces the positive stimulus for growth.
- Play games: If you play games, join a sports club. This will take your mind off the stress of the day. You will find inspiration from your co-players.
- Set up a positive workspace: The workspace must assist you in everything you do. Remove all the things that impede your work. If might the desk that is too big or the window that lets in too much light. If it does not fit, change it.
- Be with the flow: Keep the energy flowing all the time. If it stops, change the things around you. It always links to something you do. So, you can relate to it and make the needed changes to keep the work flowing.
- Eat healthy: Add plenty of energy-giving, nutritious food to your diet. This includes the following:
- Kale: This green vegetable is a powerhouse of nutrients. Kale has loads of magnesium. You can add carrots, peas, and onions to get an extra dash of taste and nutrition.
- Chia seeds: Plenty of fiber, nutrients, and energy, the chia seeds helps build the bones and muscles. It sustains the heart and digestive system. It is an anti-aging food.
- Hemp seeds: Hemp seeds have a well-rounded nutritional profile. It has protein, fibre, ALA, and all the essential amino acids.
- Porcini mushrooms: They are the perfect addition to the vegetable dish due to their meaty flavour. You find plenty of antioxidants, fibre, and iron. It helps promote weight loss and improve digestive health. It kills cancer cells and reduces inflammation.
- Quinoa: Packed with nutrition, quinoa has all the essential amino acids. This forms the building block for proteins. It is high in magnesium, fibre, B-vitamins, antioxidants, iron, Vitamin E, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
By making the suitable changes to your lifestyle, you can get a vigorous attitude to life. The listlessness and tiredness will become a thing of the past. We hope you have got answer for why am I always tired and how to be energetic all the time? Follow our simple tips to be energetic all the time.