The meaning of Vaginitis is inflammation of the vagina, which often takes place in combination with the inflammation of the vulva, a condition popular as vulvovaginitis. Here, we will talk about home remedies for Vaginitis.
Vaginitis is frequently the outcome of an infection with bacteria, yeast or Trichomonas, but it might also take place because of the physical or chemical annoyance of the area.
All the infections,which cause vaginosis, are not considered sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). But it is also true that some STDs are the reasons of vaginosis.
What Causes Vaginitis?
Many things are there, which can cause an infection in the vagina and the areas of vulva. The commonest cause is bacteria. The following things can also cause Vaginitis:
- Bacteria: Various bacteria might multiply and can cause vulvovaginitis. Such bacteria include Gardner Ella, Streptococcus, and Staphylococcus. A bacterial contamination might cause a grayish white discharge which smells fishy.
- Viruses: Viruses which can cause vulvovaginitis are characteristically sexually transmitted. These contain human papilloma virus and herpes.
- Yeast: One of the commonest causes of vaginosis is Candida albicans. Such a yeast infection might cause genital itching and a dense, white vaginal discharge. A yeast infection frequently follows the usage of antibiotics. Antibiotics might destroy the anti-fungal bacteria, which normally live in the vagina. Such a thing might lead to a yeast infection.
- Parasites: Pinworms, lice, and scabies can cause swelling of vulva and vagina.
- Environmental aspects: Allergens and poor hygiene might cause such a condition. Tight clothing may rub against the skin and generate irritation. Irritated skin is much vulnerable to vulvovaginitis as compared to normal skin. Irritation can also postpone recovery.
- Sexually transmitted infections: These sexually conveyed infections can also cause Vaginitis. It causes genital uneasiness, and dense discharge. The discharge may be green, yellow or gray. It mostly possesses a strong smell. Gonorrhoea, Chlamydia, and herpes may also lead to vaginosis. Such types of infections in a child may indicate abuse.
- Chemicals: There are a few chemicals which can cause vulvovaginitis. They often appear in the shape of feminine sprays, soaps, perfume, and vaginal contraceptives. General chemicals, which might cause an allergic reaction are:
- Sodium Sulphate
If any of these elements are in your laundry detergent or soaps, you might want to move to a fragrance-free or hypoallergenic brand. Such a move can keep the infection from recurring.
Vaginitis in Children
Vaginitis is the commonest gynecological condition in the prepubescent girls. The medical experts believe that it happens because of low oestrogen levels.
When puberty starts, the vagina gets much acidic and infections generally stop. Before the time of puberty, the infection might be treated with regular bathing, steroids, or low dose topical antibiotics. It is important that a child is taught proper bathroom hygiene. Wearing loose-fitting underwear in-cotton fabric might keep the infection from reoccurring.
What are the Symptoms?
The symptoms of vulvovaginitis differ and rely on their cause. Generally, symptoms may include:
- Irritation in the area of genitals.
- Intense itching
- Swelling around the perineal areas and labia.
- Augmented, strong smelling vaginal discharge (Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Vaginal Odor)
- Discomfort at the time of urinating
Also Read: Home remedies for irregular periods
Home Remedies for vaginosis
Probiotic yogurt, which possesses active cultures, is one of the finest home remedies for vaginosis. The researches have denoted that yogurt having the good bacteria lactobacilli is helpful in fighting off bad bacteria. Not just this, it also is beneficial in maintaining a fit vaginal pH balance. All such factors cater relief from the numerous discomforts.
- Just dip a tampon in yogurt and place it in your vagina for a few hours. Repeat it two times every day till the symptoms vanish completely.
- You can also include plain yogurt every day in your diet.
Apple cider vinegar
The acid property of apple cider vinegar is helpful in regulating the pH of a vagina to a fit level. A correct pH level automatically manages a balance of fine and bad bacteria. Apart from this, it may even control a bacterial or yeast infection.
- Add 2 tablespoons of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass of hot water and make use of it for washing the vagina two times a day for a few days.
- You can also add one or two tablespoons of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar along with some raw honey in a glass of hot water and drink it two times a day.
Also check: Apple cider vinegar for weight loss
You can also control swelling caused by bv infection with a cold compress. Cold temperature is helpful in numbing the area, catering relief from pain, itching and different discomforts which may be there.
- For making use of it, you can wrap a couple of ice cubes in a neat cloth and tie it together. Then place this compress on the vagina for minute take breaks of a minute and repeat the process. One can also rinse the area of the vagina with cold water a few times in a day.
Then the mild antiseptic and antibacterial qualities of garlic are also helpful in treating bv infection. It might treat both the bacterial and yeast infections that lead to vaginitis. Garlic also provides a boost to the immune system to help the body fight any type of infection.
- Consume a couple of cloves of raw garlic every day and make use of it in your daily cooking.
- You can also take three hundred mg of garlic supplements regularly for a couple of days. Anyhow, it is certainly better if you talk to your doctor too.
Boric acid is a wonderful remedy for getting rid of discomforts of vaginitis. The antiseptic and anti-fungal properties of boric acid help diminish pain, irritation, and itching. Moreover, it also cleans the vagina and restores the pH level.
- Place some boric acid powder in an empty gel capsule. Put this capsule in your vagina. Then, wash the vaginal area with warm water the next morning. Repeat this process for a week. Please note that don’t use this remedy if you are pregnant.
Thus, if there is Vaginitis, there are remedies too. If you know what exactly cause it and what can be done to control it, you need not bother. Use these home remedies for Vaginitis to stay healthy and keep these remedies in mind always!