Sex is one most important and basic things in life. Due to lack of discussion on this topic, a lot of people have no idea as to how effective it can be for general health or what the things are that one can avoid in order to stay away from the ill effects that this natural act has.
There are various advantages as well as disadvantages to sex. If one can hit the right balance, then one will be able to reap the benefits.
Advantages of Sex
Let’s take a look at some of the main advantages that sex has, apart from the fact that it helps to carry forward your progeny:
- Sex is a very good exercise for your body. It helps to keep you active and fit and hence if you have sex with your partner daily then you will be in a good regime for exercise. This does not however mean that you stop going to the gym or stop doing your freehand exercises, but sex is a good exercise for your body that keeps your muscles active and also your blood circulation in order.
- Since it is a nice exercise for your body, there are high chances that you will start losing weight. Studies show that sex in half an hour burns about 75 to 150 calories. This is a nice and pleasurable way to keep you thin just like yoga and dance.
- Another huge advantage that sex has is that it can act as a really good pain reliever. If you are having a lot of headache then having sex will actually go a long way in curing it. If you are feeling feverish, then try and have sex, since that will help you to bring down this feeling. In fact, women have often said that sex helps in reducing period cramps. So, if you are pain, you can always try out sex as an effective remedy.
- We often tend to have sleepless nights. Sometimes we just lay awake in bed and sleep just passes by. However, then you wake up all groggy and tired in the morning. So, if you want to avoid that, you need to get a good night’s sleep, which sex can actually help you have. Since sex is a good exercise of the entire body, and if you have sex before going to sleep, then it will tire you out, and you will be able to relax and fall asleep really quickly the moment you hit the bed. Refrain from having sleeping pills or other supplements and try out the most natural of all solutions.
- If you tend to suffer a lot from cold and cough, then the best option for you would be to have sex! Yes, you heard it right. A weak immune system makes you more prone to common cough and cold and that too with the change of every season. However, studies have confirmed that people who are engaged in sex at least 2-3 times a week, they have higher levels of Immunoglobulin A which acts as a boost for the immune system.
- When you are having trouble with controlling your bladder, then sex can go a long way in increasing your bladder control. Since sex is a good exercise of the muscles it proves to be really effective in combating incontinence.
- And all fitness freaks out there, remember that since sex goes a long way in improving your blood circulation, it will also give you a healthy and more glowing skin!
Also Read: Yoga asanas for better sex life
Disadvantages of Sex
Now that you know about the various advantages of having sex, let’s take a look at some of the disadvantages which can also be kept in check with due care:
- Sex without protection can lead to various kinds of sexually transmitted diseases. Right from AIDS to Syphilis, there are a lot of diseases that can happen for not having protected sex. Hence it is always best to carry a condom or diaphragm when having sex.
- Unprotected sex can also lead to unwanted pregnancy which is a very difficult thing to manage. Reluctant mothers often choose abortion over carrying the baby to term and that, in turn, gives rise to severe complications in her health and also causes both physical and mental pain.
- Some girls suffer from vaginal infection or UTI when they engage into sexual intercourse for the first time. UTIs are very painful and they can persist for a long time if not checked and treated properly. Sometimes men too develop this condition, but it is very rare. This is a very big disadvantage that can be combated effectively with the use of proper medication and maintaining hygiene. So, if you are gearing to have sexual intercourse for the first time, it is always better to go with protected sex, since then the chances of you developing an infection decreases. Find How to get rid of vaginal odor.
- Having sex with multiple partners and that too very frequently also increases the risk of developing various types of sexually transmitted diseases. If one engages in casual sex without knowing much about the history of the person, he or she might just be a carrier of some disease, which they may not choose to disclose. So, it is better to refrain from having casual sex and also make sure that every time you have sex, unless you are trying to have a baby, use protection.
- Indulging into sexual intercourse without proper and detailed knowledge about this act can lead to serious problems. When people do not know how this works and they look at sex as a taboo, they often make mistakes, the consequences of which they have to suffer for the rest of their life. Thus, when one decides to have sex for the first time, it should be a conscious and well-informed decision.
Also check: Top herbal medicines for sexually long time
These are some of the basic advantages and disadvantages of having sex. The advantages are plenty in comparison to the disadvantages, and when one indulges in protected sexual activity and are well informed, then these disadvantages can be easily turned into advantages.