Suffering from insomnia will mean having sleeping issues at night. It can be really debilitating. Poor sleep will only make the person to breakdown physically and mentally over time.
Also the question may arise as to how to get through this situation on a daily basis. Living up with sleeping issues can be very tough. Even though, it might not be a chronic issue to be listed, it will be essential to know how sleep can be harnessed the natural way to ensure it is healing.
It is important for everyone, irrespective of age and gender to take care of the health and to get healed and sleep soundly once again.
If conventional medicines are looked with questions in mind pertaining to various types of sleep issues or insomnia, then the health experts are sure to come up with several possible reasons for facing disturbed sleep or lack of proper sleep.
Some might carry some truth. The health practitioner or the doctor might state the cause of sleep problems to be anxiety, anger, grief, worry, depression, restless legs, or chronic pain or probably develop sleep apnea.
These aspects could probably be part of the different types of challenges that the person may face. However, there can be other issues that need to be well understood. For example, the reason behind depression, restless legs, pains, aches and anxiety, etc.
6 Juice recipes to treat insomnia naturally
Those facing issues with their sleep and interested to avoid medication, can go for natural remedies for insomnia that can prove to be a wonderful, amazing and safe answer to all related problems.
We are going to tell you 6 best juice recipes to treat insomnia and make you fall asleep in under 20 minutes. These relaxing natural juice recipes are also tasty and worth the drink.
But, they cannot be expected to put the person to immediate sleep like that of the pills. However, the nutrients which are present in them can help the person to enjoy better and extended sleep. The nutritious juices, with time can provide the person with the sleeping pattern that is normally enjoyed by the others.
1. Anti-Insomnia celery juice recipe
Phthalides are considered to be compounds which when ingested can help the body arteries to relax and to decrease the blood pressure.
It is found in good amounts in Celery. It also helps to calm down the central nervous system, thereby easing effects associated with stress. High levels of magnesium and potassium can be found in fennel and celery.
These minerals can definitely help the person to relax better.
To prepare the recipe, the following ingredients needs to be put through the juicer to serve one serving of tasty, delicious and relaxing juice.
- Fennel bulb along with greens 1
- Green apple 1
- Celery 4 ribs
- Kale, tough fibers that are removed from stems, 2 cups
- Peeled lemon, 1
Put all these all in a juicer with little water and grind to make a juice. Consume this drink 30 minuted before going to bed and it will lead you to a good sleep.
Also Read: Health benefits of celery juice
2. So Dill-ightful Juice to beat insomnia
Dill can be regarded to be a strange addition to juice. However, it is indeed a wise decision to try out this tasty, fresh natural sleep remedy.
The reason is because, Dill comprises of eugenol which in turn boosts the brain to release a type of enzyme that provides calmness and relaxation to the mind and body.
The following ingredients are to be placed in the juicer to enjoy a delicious, big serving and to enjoy good sleep.
- Celery with leaves (around 12 to 16 ribs) 1 stalk
- Dill, 1 bunch
- Peeled lemon, 1
- Green apple 1
Also Read: Best yoga poses to prevent stress & anxiety
3. Anti-Insomnia Green Juice
Minerals like magnesium and potassium are very good for deriving sleep. They can be found in huge amounts vegetables like celery and lettuce.
This juice can be enjoyed on regular basis without having to worry about any side effects and sure to help the person to get better rest with time. following are the ingredients for this tasty and nutritional juice:
- Celery, 4 ribs
- Green apples, 2
- Spring mix, 2 cups or Romaine lettuce, ½ head
You can add little rock salt in it for taste.
Also Read: Natural remedies for arthritis treatment
4. Melatonin boosting sleep cocktail
According to the experts, melatonin is regarded to be a natural and effective sleep supplement. To derive melanin, there is no need to take pills.
They are found in abundance in cherries. So preparing cherry juice can help to derive good sleep. For this, there will be required tart, fresh cherries, if available and the following ingredients combined together to enjoy relaxing night-time cherry juice for insomnia.
- Sweet apple, 1
- Spinach, 1 handful
- Tart cherry juice, from concentrate or fresh, 1 cup
5. Low sugar sleep juice
It is essential to watch the sugar intake, especially those who are suffering from sugar or worried about diabetes. This is a simple, but highly refreshing and effective sleep juice recipe that can work wonders.
It does offer the person with dose of several types of minerals and magnesium that can help the mind and body to relax naturally.
If the person desires, then it is possible to have the flavor profile changed to enjoy the taste and to enhance its soothing effects. One or both optional ingredients can be added to the juice to improve its beneficial properties.
- Cucumber, 1
- Bibb lettuce or Romaine head, ½
- Ginger root, 1”
- Fennel having leaves, 1 bulb
Also Read: Natural remedies for asthma treatment
6. Stress busting juice recipe
In case, insomnia suffered from is stress induced, then this wonderful bedtime juice recipe can prove to be very helpful.
Ginger is a wonderful ingredient that not only helps to boost naturally the serotonin levels in the body, but also does help to beat anxiety and stress.
Similar to other available natural remedies to promote sleep, this one also works wonder and is quite gentle on the body. Hence, there is no question of the person waking up feeling groggy.
The following are the ingredients required to prepare this tasty and relaxing juice.
- Ginger root, peeled, 1”
- Lemon, peeled, 1
- Cucumber, 1
- Celery, 6 ribs
- Green apple, 1
- Asparagus, 8-10 stalks
Also Read: How to stop drinking alcohol naturally?
What are the causes of insomnia?
The nutrients present in the above mentioned relaxing juices are likely to help the person to get good sleep. However, it is equally vital to identify and understand the root issues of insomnia, so that multi-pronged approach can be availed to improve sleep.
Several causes have been cited for insomnia to take place. Few are considered to be temporary in nature, while the others may last for few months or even years.
The common medical conditions, various other issues and physical discomforts which might contribute to causing insomnia include the given below:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances and acid reflux
- Caffeine if consumed within 8 hours of bedtime
- Chronic pain
- Pain in the lower back region
- Endocrine conditions
- Mattress related issues, like too hard or soft
- Neurological conditions
- Night-time exposure towards blue light emerging from electronics
- Shift work
- Restless legs
The above are just few of the factors which can contribute to developing insomnia. Juices mentioned above cannot provide quick fix solutions to the sleeping problems.
If the issue is chronic in nature or disturbing, then it will be wise to visit the doctor without any delay. Others are found to resolve on its own.
Some effective ways to promote sleep naturally
Besides consuming juices to derive better sleep, it will be a great idea to follow some of the valuable tips given below:
- Firstly, try to identify the cause for insomnia if possible and to take into consideration the different steps that are available to improve the situation.
- If the person is suffering due to physical discomfort or not able to relax properly when lying in bed, then changing the existing mattress to a different one can make some difference.
- There are many who just love to unwind their evening watching TV, browsing through websites on the computer or to chat with friends and others at the leading social media networks on their smartphones or going through emails while lying down at night. If excess screen time is included in the evening routine, then it will be wise to cut them back. Light emerging from the screen is sure to stimulate the brain and to promote wakefulness. If the desire is to keep the mind free from focusing on the problems faced and to relax, then it will be wise to go through a book. Something interesting is sure to keep the person thoroughly engaged, but not all through the night!
- Some daily activity patterns are likely to influence how the person sleeps at night. In case, the person does not derive adequate exercise, for instance, then finding proper sleep can be really difficult. It will help to take a short walk especially after dinner. The first half during the day should have more intensive exercise routine as it provides a positive effect upon the ability to sleep.
The above are just few of the tips that can help people with insomnia to get good sleep without having to resort to taking conventional medicines. The above mentioned ways are completely safe and very much natural. Try these juice recipes for better sleep and let us know about your experiences in comments section below or at our facebook page.