When a woman hears the news of her being pregnant for the first time, she does not have a place of happiness. It is a wonderful time of any woman’s life. In this article, we will talk about if it safe to eat papaya during pregnancy or not.
- Do not eat raw or unripe papaya at all during pregnancy.
- Eating unripe or raw papaya increases the risk of miscarriage.
- The latex-rich raw papaya can compress the uterus.
- Mix ripe papaya with honey and milk and give it to the woman.
Healthy diet during pregnancy is very important. At this time your body needs extra nutrients, vitamins, minerals. In fact, you need 350-500 extra calories every day during 2 and 3 quarters.
Lack of significant nutrients can have a negative impact on the child’s development. Pregnancy is a sensitive hindrance to life.
Also check: Health benefits of papaya fruit
Is it safe to eat papaya fruit during pregnancy?
There are many changes in the body at this time, so some things can be right or wrong for the fetus. This is the reason that caution is carried out on food and other things at this time and a pregnant woman is advised not to eat certain things.
Papaya is one of those things, but experts and people have different opinions about it.
Generally, papaya is considered to be harmful to the fetus in pregnancy. Actually, papaya is of hot nature. It is also used for stomach disorders or for stomach cleansing.
Because of this, it is believed that due to hot nature, it can harm the fetus. It is also believed that miscarriage from regular consumption of papaya can also be done.
Also Read: Is it safe to have sex during pregnancy?
Experts say that papaya can be eaten in pregnancy, if it is fully riped and used in small quantities. Fully cooked papaya is the source of vitamin-C and Vitamin-E and it is found in abundance with fiber as well as folic acid, which is beneficial.
Drinks made with mixing papaya with milk and honey is very nutritious, which are considered very well for pregnant and lactating women.
When is papaya harmful?
If papaya is not completely cooked, even if it is raw, then it is very harmful. Half-ripe papaya is not safe at all. According to a research, there is excessive of latex in raw or half-riped papaya.
This latex can be responsible for the contraction of the uterus. Also, papaya peel and seeds can be extremely harmful in pregnancy.
In spite of all this, it is generally believed that it is completely harmful to eat the papaya during pregnancy. Its consumption can be responsible not only for abortion but also for the birth of a dead child. Papaya produces heat in the body, which is not conducive to the fetus.
What research says about eating papaya during pregnancy?
- According to many researches, raw or unripe papaya can be harmful during pregnancy. Unripe and raw papaya contains a lot of latex, which can cause contraction in the uterus, and this situation can cause abortion.
- In one research it is revealed that ripe papaya is very beneficial during pregnancy. Vitamin C and other nutrients present in papaya are rich in abundance, which is beneficial during pregnancy. Vitamins present in papaya get relief from constipation and irritation.
- Not only this, if the papaya is mixed with honey and milk during pregnancy, it is not only beneficial for women but also for the child, and during the breastfeeding, this mixture increases the milk production of the mother.
What Doctors says?
- Whether papaya should be eaten during pregnancy or not it is still an illusion, but still, for some reasons and doctors looking at the position of pregnant women, doctors recommend eating papaya and refuse.
- The women who are suffering from vitamin C deficiency during pregnancy are instructed to eat papaya.
- Food should be taken care of in the third month of pregnancy. If you have any doubts related to your diet, then consult your doctor.
Also check: Foods to improve fertility in male and female
Benefits of eating papaya
- Papaya is also very beneficial for your hair and skin.
- Papaya is beneficial in getting relief from constipation and cough diseases.
- You can also eat papaya as a salad or even after making a chat.
- Papaya is very beneficial for the eyes.
- Papaya should be eaten to get rid of problems related to stomach.
Note: This article is based on different opinions about the consumption of papaya during pregnancy, but at this time, prior to consuming papaya, please contact your doctor first.
Also Check: When is the best time to get pregnant?