Intestinal tuberculosis is an infectious disease which spreads because of tb bacteria (mycobacterium tuberculosis). But in some patients, mycobacterium bovis is the reason of tb.
Causes of intestinal tuberculosis
Tb spreads when you eat food infectious with mycobacterium tuberculosis bacteria OR when you swallow your own mucus if you have lungs tb. We find most cases on this disease in AIDS and cancer patients because of weak immune system.
Also Read: Top 10 superfoods to improve immunity power
Types of intestinal tuberculosis
Normally this disease can affect any part of intestine but in 75% cases, it affects the end of small intestine and cecum. Symptoms of this disease are same like crohn disease (swelling in intestine). TB can end your life if you do not treat this in early stage. TB can end your life if you don’t treat this in early stage.
There are 3 types of intestinal tuberculosis:
- Ulcerative colitis: In this type of tuberculosis, patients have ulcer in their intestine. 60% patients have this type of TB.
- Hypertrophic: In this type, wall of intestine gets thick and hard which creates problem in the flow of food. This finds in 10% patients.
- Ulcerohypertrophic: This is a combination of both Ulcerative and Hypertrophic. It finds in 30% patients.
Symptoms of intestinal tuberculosis
Sudden weight loss, bloody diarrhea, stomachache, constipation, constant fever, less hunger, weakness and Abdominal lump are common symptoms of intestinal TB. If you feel any of these, just consult a good gastroenterologist.
Tests for TB
- Blood test
- Chest and stomach x-ray
- Barium studies
- Ct scan
- Metocs test
- Endoscopy & enteroscopy
In this disease, most of the patients gets panic because of diarrhea. Which leads to a reduced amount of water and minerals in your body. So first provide required amount of water to your body to overcome this situation.
- Medicines: To provide required amount of water and minerals to your body, take ORS (Oral rehydration solution) in liquid form. Take antitubercular drug to kill mycobacterium tuberculosis bacteria. If patient is not able to take medicines because of vomiting then doctors uses injections to inject medicines in their bodies.
- Diet: Patient should consume protein rich foods like lentils, soybeans etc. Include soup, potatoes, rice and banana in your diet. During the initial stage of treatment, avoid milk products because milk products can cause diarrhea. Also avoid tea, coffee, cold-drinks, alcohols etc. to prevent diarrhea.
- Surgery: 70% of the patients gets relief by medication. In remaining 30%, dead bacteria’s stays in intestine thus leads to interruption. To remove this interruption, doctors uses surgery or endoscopy.
Complexities during treatment
If you don’t treat this disease on time, then it gets dangerous. Delayed treatment can lead to internal bleeding, interruption in intestine, ulcer, intestinal wall burst, weakness and spread of TB in other parts of body.
Home remedies for intestinal tuberculosis
Proper use of garlic always prevent TB. Garlic is able to treat any type of TB. Garlic has powerful antibacterial and antibiotic properties. It is able to destroy mycobacterium bacteria.
- Take 2 garlic cloves and remove outer layer. Cut these into pieces. One hour after lunch and dinner, chew these cloves and drink some water over it.
- You can also consume these garlic cloves with raisins.
- Take 2 garlic cloves and remove outer layer. Now crush these cloves and boil in 250 gm milk for 7-10 minutes. put off the flame for some time. Consume this mixture every morning and night before going to bed. Follow this for 2 months. If you do not want to crush garlic then you can boil garlic cloves directly in milk. Then eat these cloves and drink that milk on it.
- You can also consume juice of 3 garlic.
- Take 3 walnuts and 5 garlic cloves. Grind both to make a paste, cook with one table spoonful of pure cow butter and consume.
- Eat 2 ripe banana fruit in breakfast everyday.
- Eat banana everyday after lunch and dinner for 1 month. It helps to create new blood and improve power.
- Fresh Juice of banana tree and unripe banana fruit is very beneficial in this disease. Take one cup fresh juice of banana tree stem and consume after every 2 hours. Follow this for 2 months to kill bacteria permanently.
- Take 10 gm banana leaves and soak in 200 ml water for 2 hours. Strain and drink one spoonful of this water 3 times a day.
- Take juice of banana leaves and mix with some honey. Consume this mixture. It improves sores in intestine.
Apple, Grapes and Raisins
Apple juice and apple jam is very beneficial. Grapes are also very beneficial in this disease. Do not eat grapes with any other food. If grapes are not available then consume raisins.
Onion, Tomato and Coconut
- Take 250 gm goat milk, 10 gm grated coconut and 6 gm garlic paste. Mix all well and cook for few minutes. Consume this every morning and evening.
- Take 100 gm tomato juice and mix with 15 gm cord liver oil. Consume this once a day for 5-7 weeks.
- Onion is able to kill TB bacteria. Sprinkle some salt on onion slices and eat.
- Eat 25 gm raw coconut everyday or consume raw coconut juice.
- First take mango juice. Now mix some honey in one cup milk and consume.
- TB patient should consume honey everyday. It increases new blood and body weight.
- Mix 25 gm honey with 100 gm butter and consume everyday.