If you are one who lives with the thought, “real men are always in the mood,” then you need to worry when you begin to feel a loss of sex drive. The reasons for this are manifold, and you might have to search high and low for the answer. Here are some easy ways to increase sex drive and libido in men naturally.
Feed the change to improve Sex Drive
When you feel despondent, eating chocolate peps up your mood. It has phenylethylamine, a neurotransmitter found in the brain that acts as a dis-inhibitor that induces euphoria.
It reduces blood pressure and increases the blood flow to the brain for 2-3 hours after you have eaten the chocolate. You get into the mood, but there is one more thing. It is the change that makes it happen.
Also check: Top herbal medicine for sexually long time
The best way to boost male sex drive is to make changes. Adopt whichever suits your lifestyle. Do not go out of your way but be sure to adopt the change.
- Include more exercise: The biggest enemy to an erection is stress. You can beat stress by exercising more. The stress decreases when you exercise regularly. Your blood pressure drops, and you can maintain an erection for a longer time.
- Go out in the sun: Melatonin helps reduce the sex drive. If you go out in the sun, the body stops making melatonin. Melatonin helps us sleep and quietens our sexual urges. So, by going out in the sun and getting more sunlight on the skin will improve your sex drive. This is especially true during the winter month which is the time when the body produces more melatonin.
- Masturbate: This is a natural way to improve your sex drive. It helps you keep in touch with the senses and improves the sexual stamina.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: The habits one has to relax such smoking or drinking alcohol is bad for sexual health. They narrow the blood vessels that in time lead to impotence. Make a healthy choice – a little red wine will boost your sex drive whereas alcohol will create stress.
- Reduce stress: The penis works on blood pressure. What is good for your heart is good for your sexual health.
- Have pep talks: The best way to get “in the mood” is to have a pep talk. Discuss things that make you feel confident. Discuss your good points, and this will put you in the mood. By talking to your partner, you make sure that you are both headed in the right direction. If there are issues, then sort them out before you begin your session.
Also Read: How Shatavari enhances male sex drive?
You have to eat right food to increase libido
For a good sex drive, you need to have good levels of testosterone in your body. To improve the testosterone levels naturally, you have to eat it. As mentioned, chocolate is good for boosting the sex drive.
- Herbs boost sex drive: Basil and garlic help improve the mood and raise your sensitivity. Add these to the dish you prepare to get “in the mood”. They work by increasing the blood flow. Yohimbine found in the bark of an African evergreen tree is a natural Viagra. It helps you maintain an erection. But, Viagra is the best. Ashwagandha and shatavari are best herbs to increase male sex drive according to ayurveda. consume Ashwagandha powder everyday with hot milk to increase libido. Find Ashwagandha powder health benefits. Natural honey is another effective libido booster food.
- Increase the intake of fruits: Figs have plenty of potassium, calcium, iron, and zinc. They also contain fibre that helps improve your heart health. Watermelon boosts the nitric oxide levels in the body. This is due to the action of citrulline found in the watermelon fruit. The nitric oxide relaxes the blood vessels and helps improve the erection. Bananas are great for lowering the blood pressure due to the presence of potassium and are a great way to improve your sexual performance. Black raspberries help improve sexual stamina and physical endurance. You can have a harder erection for a longer time by consuming this fruit.
- Chillies and pepper: Natural spicy food helps reduce tension and inflammation. It boosts the metabolic activity and improves the libido. Onion helps improve your blood circulation.
- Food containing omega-3 fatty acid: Tuna, avocado, olive oil, and salmon have good amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. These help lower cholesterol in the blood and raise your metabolic activity. Food containing vitamin B1 helps excite the penis. The vitamin sends messages to the brain to move fast. Kidney bean peanuts and pork have good amounts of this vitamin.
- Oysters: The timeless aphrodisiac, oyster, has loads of zinc. Zinc is necessary for the production of testosterone and boosts oestrogen levels. It helps the blood flow to the genitals that heighten sexual desire. Both men and women can benefit by having oysters. Read How to treat male infertility naturally?
- Eggs: You can balance your hormone levels by having an egg. They are high in B-vitamins and help reduce the stress that inhibits an erection. The high protein content of the eggs helps energize you throughout the day. Also, they have amino acids that fight erectile dysfunction and many heart ailments.
- Nuts and seeds: Adding nuts and seeds to the daily diet will help boost the sex drive. For zinc, take cashews or almonds. If you want omega-3 fatty acids, take walnuts. They help raise the sex drive by raising dopamine levels. Dopamine is essential for arousal, mood, libido, memory, and energy. Almonds are good for stimulation as well as for fertility. Have almonds daily, and you will soon have a baby. They have plenty of nutrients needed for sexual reproduction including vitamin E, selenium, and zinc.
Also Check: Best Ashwagandha Supplement Brands in India
Get medical help to increase sex drive
When everything else fails, you should get medical help. One of the popular choices is testosterone replacement therapy. Some medicines help you get an erection and keep it, but for improving your libido, you must eat the food containing enough nutrition.
Avoid issues that cause low libido including prescription medicine (change your medication), low testosterone level (eat bananas or other libido enhancing food items), stress or depression (do yoga to relax), alcohol use (limit or cut down the amount you drink), and too little or too much exercise (vary the amounts you exercise each day).
Also Read: Yoga asanas for better sex life
Your sex drive is a combination of many things. So, until you pin down the exact formula for improving it, keep on trying something different. But, make sure you get enough nutrition daily.