If we talk in medical terms, Vertigo is a particular type of faintness. It means a sense that a person or his environment is spinning or moving even when there is no movement. Medically, dizziness doesn’t mean that there is a fear of heights. Here we will talk about home remedies for vertigo and dizziness treatment.
Vertigo is rather a particular sign, unrelated to heights, which has diverse medical causes. It is thus a set apart from presyncope. It means a sense of nearly fainting.
What causes vertigo?
Vertigo is frequently caused by an inner ear issue. Some of the commonest causes of vertigo are like:
- First is BPPV, which stands for Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. It takes place when small calcium particles cluster up in canals of the internal ear. The internal ear sends hints to the brain about the body and head movements comparative to gravity. It helps a person keeps his balance. BPPV can emerge for no familiarize reason and might be linked to the age factor.
- Meniere’s disease can also be a cause of vertigo. It is also internal ear disorder pondered to be produced by a formation of fluid and altering the pressure in the ear. It can cause incidents of vertigo coupled with ringing in ears and hearing loss too.
- Then there is vestibular neuritis or better known as labyrinthitis which causes vertigo. This is again an internal ear issue generally linked to infection. The infection causes irritation in the internal ear around the nerves, which are vital for helping the body sense balance.
- Dizziness can also be linked with:
- A head or a neck wound.
- Brain issue like stroke or tumor.
- Certain medications, which cause ear damage.
- Headaches related to Migraine.
A Quick Peep into Vertigo Symptoms
Talking about the symptoms of vertigo, it is, generally, triggered by an alteration in the posture of your head. People who possess dizziness characteristically describe it as a feeling as if they are:
- Tugged in a particular direction
There are also other symptoms which might accompany dizziness. These are:
- A feeling of nauseated
- Sudden Vomiting
- Irregular or jolting eye movements.
- Ringing in ears or hearing damage
These symptoms of vertigo might last a couple of minutes to some hours or even more. They may blink which simply means they might come and go.
Home remedies for vertigo and dizziness treatment
Firstly, Ginger has always been an effective cure for vertigo treatment. It possesses substances, which help improve circulation of blood in the brain. Since it is so, it helps in soothing symptoms of dizziness.
- If a person has an attack of vertigo, he can get rid of it immediately by consuming ginger.
- One can chew on a piece of ginger root or simply drink ginger tea.
- Ginger capsules and candies can also be useful for getting relief from symptoms of dizziness. This is one of the best home remedies for vertigo and dizziness.
Then lemongrass has also been used traditionally since decades to treat various ailments. It is helpful in treating dizziness and nausea, and of course, it is an effective cure for dizziness. Find lemongrass health benefits.
- One can make an herbal tea by making use of a little lemongrass and consume it whenever he feels the beginning of the signs of vertigo. It shall help cure symptoms within a couple of minutes leaving a person fresh and energetic. Buy organic Lemongrass tea 100gm.
Proper good night sleep
There has to be a proper good night sleep. Lack of sleep is one of the commonest reasons that head to dizziness. Since it is so, just take proper sleep and your issues of vertigo will vanish.
You can consume coriander seeds for getting rid of vertigo.
- Just take a single tablespoon of coriander seeds and immerse them in water with a single tablespoon of Indian gooseberry powder. Perform this task at night and rinse it in the morning. After you are done with straining, just add half tablespoon of sugar and drink it immediately. Such a remedy will help in treating dizziness in a natural way. This is one of effective home remedies for vertigo and dizziness.
Watermelon seeds and almonds
You can use watermelon seeds and almonds for shaking off vertigo. The watermelon seeds and almonds are actually great for vertigo.
- Just soak together seven or eight almonds, eight watermelon seeds, two tablespoons of wheat grain and one tablespoon of poppy seeds (Khaskhas) in water for an entire night.
- In the morning, just form a dense paste of all these ingredients. Now, place a pan on flame and add a single tablespoon of ghee (Butter). Fry two cloves in it and add the paste which you formed.
- Blend this paste in milk and drink. Once you repeat this process for one week, it is going to give you a great relief from vertigo. This effective remedy is helpful in curing vertigo completely and averts future spells of faintness. This is one of effective home remedies for vertigo and dizziness according to ayurveda.
Also check: Watermelon juice health benefits
Ginkgo Biloba has always been used in the ancient Chinese medicine for treating various ailments such as dizziness. It is amidst the most effective natural cures for vertigo because it is very helpful in improving blood circulation in the brain and internal ear, which is extremely helpful in treating the signs of vertigo.
- A single herbal tea can be made with ginkgo, and you can have it daily so as to cure vertigo. Buy 100% Ginkgo Biloba tea 20 teabags.
- You can also have one Ginkgo Biloba Capsules everyday. Buy HealthVit Ginkgo Biloba 60 Capsules.
There is no doubt that cayenne pepper gets used as a spice in most of the kitchens, but do you know it has many health benefits under its belt? It possesses an active agent known as capsaicin,which is helpful in increasing the blood flow in the brain.
- This vertigo cure is very handy and easy. Just boil a cup of water along with some cayenne pepper included in it and consume it whenever you feel vertigo approaching. It will make the brain much alert and treat the signs of vertigo.
While we are talking about remedies of vertigo, how can lemon remain behind? Yes, for saying goodbye to dizziness, just make a lemon drink. Hold a glass full of lukewarm water, add some black pepper, a tweak of salt and squeeze half a lemon in it. Stir it well and drink. You can also sprinkle lemon peel in the salad you consume.
Also Read: Lemon water benefits
Water is a key solution for most of our ailments and illnesses. Just keep your body well hydrated. One must consume at least ten glasses of water a single day. Once you make a habit of having so much of water regularly, you can find your vertigo gone.
Strawberries and yogurt
Next just fetch some ripe and fresh strawberries and pulp them in fresh yogurt. Once you have blended it, have it. Such a remedy is a very swift, healthy, and convenient homemade remedy for people who have dizziness.
Do’s for Vertigo
- First of all, during an attack of dizziness, just grip the nearby available support.
- Then stay in a posture, which is quite stable and convenient and keep yourself as motionless as possible.
- If moving is needed, it has to be done extremely slowly and with utmost care.
- Just close your eyes, or you can keep them fixed on the objects in front of you.
- Eventually, once you feel any improvement, begin to move gradually.
Don’ts for Vertigo
- First of all, you have to make sure that you don’t panic and don’t get anxious.
- Make sure that you don’t move in a quick or rapid manner.
- Try not to turn your head in a sudden motion.
Some Tips for Comfort
First of all, slowly turn your head forty-five degrees. Begin with turning the head forty-five degrees to the left and then to the right.
- You can lay your head back for comfort.
- You can also turn your head on a pillow.
- Try to turn your whole body.
- Just make it a point to repeat these movements.
In a nutshell, if you carry out all these home remedies for vertigo and dizziness carefully and patiently at home, you can get great relief from dizziness. Try to practice the discussed remedies, and you can feel at ease and free from this condition. Similarly, make sure you don’t move rapidly while you are facing vertigo.