Home remedies for piles are very effective to cure this painful health problem. In this article, we will talk about piles treatment at home without any harmful medicine. Talking about piles, these are swellings which grow inside and around back passage (anus). Here the anal canal is the last portion of the huge intestine and is around four cm long.
At the lower end of the anal canal is the entrance to the outside which is generally referred to as the anus. Through it, the faeces pass. At the upper end, anal canal links with the rectum, which is also a part of large intestine. There exists a net of tiny veins inside the lining of the anal canal. Such veins at times get wider and inflamed with more blood than normal. The inflamed veins and the covering tissue might then convert into one or more tiny swellings called piles.
There are internal and external piles. Internal piles are hemorrhoids, which develop above a point two or three cm inside the anus, the upper portion of the anal canal. Internal piles are generally painless as the upper anal canal possesses no pain nerve fibres. Talking about external piles, these are ones, which grow below that point, in the subordinate portion of the anal canal. These external piles might be painful because the lower part of anal canal possesses many pain nerve fibres.
What Causes Piles?
The precise cause of why alterations in the veins inside the lining of anal canal take place and head to piles creation is not clear. There are some piles which seem to grow for no clear reason. However, it has been believed that an augmented pressure in and around back passage anus and anal canal might be the main factor in various cases of piles.
Various instances which contribute in the chance of hemorrhoids emergence are:
- Firstly, constipation, passing huge stools and strain at the toilet. Such instances augment the pressure in and around the veins in the anus and look like to be a simple cause of piles to grow.
- Aging is also a common factor of piles. As we grow older, our tissues in the lining of anus might get less supportive.
- Then during pregnancy, hemorrhoids are common. This is likely because of pressure effects of a baby lying above rectum and anus. The effect of the alteration in hormones while pregnancy might have on the veins.
- There can also be hereditary factors. There may be people who receive a weakness of wall of veins in the anal region.
Also Read: Amla health benefits
Some Symptoms of Piles
There can be diverse types of symptoms of piles. Sometimes there might also be no symptoms but piles.
- The commonest symptom experienced by the piles sufferers is bleeding after going to toilet to pass the stools. The blood is, generally, extremely bright red and might be noticed on toilet tissue, in the pan of the washroom or simply coating the stools.
- A pile might hang down and could be felt outside the anus. Frequently, it might be pushed back up after one has been to the washroom. However, extremely severe hemorrhoids might remain permanently prolapsed and might not be thrust back up inside.
- Tiny internal piles are generally painless. Huger piles might cause a mucous discharge, pain, itching, and irritation. The discharge might annoy the skin around back passage. One might have a feeling of fullness in the anus or a sense of not completely emptying his back passage when he goes to the toilet.
- A likely complexity of hemorrhoids which hang down is that they might get strangulated. It might be extremely painful. Another likely complication is the emergence of a blood clot in hemorrhoid. It is not common, but it causes much pain if it takes place. Such an intense pain generally mountains for forty-eight to seventy-two hours, and then, slowly vanishes over seven to ten days.
Home Remedies for piles treatment at home
First You have to avoid constipation using constipation home remedies and stressing at the toilet. Just keep the stools soft and no need to strain on the toilet. You can manage this by using following home remedies for piles:
- Take pomegranate peel powder. Consume 2 gm of this powder with fresh water 3 times a day. Follow this for 10 days. This is the most effective home remedy for bleeding piles. This is one of the best home remedies for piles treatment at home.
- Mix 50 gm pomegranate seeds powder with 100 gm jaggery. Consume one tablespoon of this mixture 3 times a day.
- Take few pomegranate leaves and crush to make candies. Now cook these candies with little butter and consume. It will destroy lumps.
Take 2 figs and soak in water at night. Eat these figs in the morning with empty stomach. Now soak 2 figs in water in the morning and eat these figs at night. Within 5 days, it will stop bleeding from hemorrhoids. This is one of the effective home remedies for piles treatment at home.
- If you have pain in piles clumps, then add 10 gm Alum to 20 gm butter and apply it on anus area. It will give you relief in acute pain and burn. It will also make these hemorrhoids lumps dry.
- Mix some alum in water and wash your anus area with this water. Also mix some alum powder in curd and consume every morning and evening.
Must Read: Brahmi medicinal plant uses
Radish, Turmeric, guava and Papaya
For the treatment of piles, radish juice is also helpful. This remedy is going to diminish the pain and swelling linked with piles.
- Eat fresh turmeric with white radish. It gives relief in pain and bleeding. Eat Guava fruit every morning with empty stomach to avoid constipation.
- Mix half tablespoon turmeric powder with black salt in same quantity. Consume this with fresh water or gout milk.
- Radish is a very effective to treat piles. Radish juice has amazing effect on hemorrhoids. Take 60 gm of radish juice and mix little bit of black salt in it. Consume this juice twice a day for 40 days.
- Eat radish and papaya fruit every morning with empty stomach.
- Consumption of radish juice in the morning and at night is amongst the finest home remedies for piles. Begin with one to two cups a day and then gradually increase the number as per the convenience. The application of radish paste blended with honey might also help in easing the pain. This is one of the best home remedy for piles treatment at home.
- To prevent constipation, eat guava every morning with empty stomach.
- Take some juice of unripe papaya and apply on lumps. It will give you big relief in pain.
Indian Gooseberry or Amla, Mango seeds and Honey
- Take 3 gm Indian Gooseberry powder and mix with curd. Consume this mixture 3 times a day for 7 days. It’s one of best remedy for bleeding piles.
- Honey is very useful in hemorrhoids. Add little Triphala powder to one tablespoon of honey and consume with cold water every day.
- You can consume powdered seeds of mango with honey as a remedial alternative. The consumption of this mixture will certainly provide you comfort.
- Take few soft young leaves of mango tree and grind to make a paste. Now mix this paste in one glass of water with some sugar, strain and consume. Do this every morning and evening.
Also Read: Shatavari powder benefits for weight gain
Fenugreek seeds, Black sesame seeds and Sugar
- Add small spoon Fenugreek seeds to 250 gm milk and boil for 10 minutes. Let it be cool and consume. Follow this process every morning and evening for few days.
- Take one table spoon black sesame seeds powder, one tablespoon sugar candy powder and some butter. Now mix all and consume every morning. If piles are bleeding, then use curd in place of butter. This is one of the effective home remedies for piles treatment at home.
Bitter gourd, Red tomatoes and Cumin powder
Then leaves of Bitter Gourd are also effective. These leaves have medicinal worth. It will help to diminish the swelling and pain. Find Bitter gourd health benefits.
- Add little sugar to bitter gourd juice and consume one tablespoon of this mixture every day.
- Just crush leaves of bitter gourd and then extract the juice. Next, mix three teaspoons of the juice with a glass of buttermilk. Try to have this blend with an empty stomach every morning for around a month.
- Take few red tomatoes and cut into pieces. Now sprinkle roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder and rock salt on these pieces. Consume these tomatoes in breakfast every morning.
- Take 20 gm black pepper powder, 10 gm cumin powder and 15 gm sugar. Mix all these well and consume one tablespoonful of this mixture every day after food with fresh water.
- You should also have one tablespoon of black cumin seeds, roast them and mix them with one tablespoon of un-roasted black cumin powder and seeds both together. Consume one or two tablespoons with a glass of water every day.
- Take one bitter gourd and 10 green leaves of peepal tree (Ficus religiosa). Grind both to make a paste. Mix this paste with 250 gm water, strain and consume every morning. Its best remedy for bleeding hemorrhoid.
- Take one table spoonful of cumin powder, 1/4 table spoon of black pepper powder and some honey. Mix all well and consume 3 times a day for few days.
Carrot and Spinach juice
Water and Fibre supplements
- Try to drink as much as you can. If you are an adult, then you should make it a point to consume at least two litres, which mean six to eight glasses of water every single day. This way, one shall pass much of fluid through urine, but some get passed out in softens faeces and gut. Many types of drink shall work, but alcoholic drinks might cause the body to lose fluids and might not be good. So much of caffeine must also be evaded.
- Then there are fibre supplements too. In case a high-fibre diet is not proving helpful, you might consume fibre supplements such as methyl-cellulose, ispaghula, sterculia and bran. One can easily buy these at medical stores or get them on a prescription. Methyl-cellulose too proves helpful in softening faeces directly which makes them handy to pass.
Banana possesses fibre in it and works as a laxative. It is helpful in improving the bowel movements, so that one doesn’t have to strain when he is in the toilet. When a person’s bowel movements get proper, the issue will get reduced.
- Just boil a ripe banana in a cup of milk, pulp it well. If you consume this mixture at least three or four times a day, it will help you in easing pain linked with hemorrhoids. You can feel some relief.
Ice is a very effective treatment for irritation and swelling. If you cannot use an ice pack, just crush a few ice cubes and wrap them in a plastic sheet or bag. Make use of a clean cloth for covering the plastic bag. Just place it on your back in a convenient posture and apply it on the anal opening for around ten minutes or so.
Shallots and Onions
Shallots are also effective for curing piles.
- If you consume juice of onion supplementary to water with dashes of some sugar, it will also prove very effective and helpful in curing piles at home. Try to consume this mixture for at least a couple of weeks.
- Just peel twenty or twenty-five shallots and cut them into smaller pieces. Fry the stuff in oil or butter and eat it daily.
Other effective Indian remedies for piles
- Take some Tamarind leaves & flowers juice and apply on lumps. It will give you relief in acute pain and burn. It will also make these hemorrhoids lumps dry.
- Eat beetroot everyday.
- Eating sorghum (Jwar) is very good in this disease.
- Consume 3-4 Tulsi leaves everyday and apply juice of leaves on lumps.
- Mix little rock salt and one spoonful of celery (Ajwain) power in one glass of buttermilk. Consume this everyday.
- Apply some castor oil on lumps everyday. It will make these lumps dry and give you relief in acute pain and burn.
- Take some hot castor oil and mix some camphor in it. Leave this for some time to be cool. Now wash your lumps with clean water and massage with this oil slowly for few minutes. Do this twice a day. It will make these lumps dry and give you relief in acute pain and burn.
- Take some Berberis aristata DC (Common Name : Indian Barberry, Hindi Name: Rasaut/Rasot) powder and mix with 50gm curd. Consume this every morning with empty stomach for 3 days. Its best home remedy for bleeding hemorrhoids.
- Take some papaya tree root and crush to make a paste. Apply this paste on lumps (Masse).
- Take some amla powder (Indian gooseberry) and mix with some curd. Consume this mixture 3 times a day. It will stop bleeding from lumps.
- Mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2gm glycerine. Massage your anus area and lumps with this mixture every night.
- If you have bleeding in lumps, then mix half tablespoon lemon juice in one glass hot milk and consume after every 3 hours.
Piles are both painful and painless, but you can make your experience of hemorrhoids comfortable and free of pain using our home remedies for piles treatment at home. Just practice the talked remedies and lead a pile free life.