Talking about leukorrhea or leucorrhoea, it is a medical term which is used for a particular type of vaginal discharge that is common during pregnancy and during the times of reproductive years. In this article, we will talk about home remedies for leucorrhoea treatment.
If a woman has leukorrhea, it might be a sticky as well as dense vaginal discharge that is green, yellow or white. It might differ with the menstrual cycle of a woman as there take place changes in her hormone levels.
Discharges from a vagina are commonly a sign of vaginal yeast infections, sexually transmitted diseases or bacterial vaginosis. Leucorrhea might or might not be a sign of the existence of an infection. Moreover, it is not generally accompanied by any other signs or symptoms like pain, itching, irritation or burning.
A Couple of Causes of leukorrhea
A tiny amount of discharge from the zone of the vagina is normal, but a doctor also has to be consulted when there is any of the below-mentioned conditions:
- White release adequate for soiling underclothes.
- Uneasiness during the time of sexual intercourse.
- Irritation around anus accompanies the vaginal discharge.
Remember that leukorrhea might exist in non-pregnant women in the progression of ovulation, the starting of infections of the vagina or sexually transmitted ailments or prior to a female’s first menstrual period. These types of discharges take place often in some disorders. For example:
- Infections related to chronic cervix.
- Extreme or inadequate ovarian hormones.
- Syphilis a chronic communicable ailment contracted via sexual intercourse.
- Uterine cancer.
Other things which contribute to strange discharge are unhygienic conditions like a tampon left quite long in vagina and conditions such as diabetes and anemia. Sometimes, wound or trauma to vagina might also activate leucorrhoea.
Also Read: Home remedies for Vaginitis
There also are two parasitic infections which are quite common and also cause leukorrhea. These are:
- Trichomonas vaginalis that is a parasitic or anaerobic organism.
- Candida albicans that is diploid organism.
A Trichomonas infection ends up in a stubborn kind of leucorrhoea. Such an infection contains the membrane lining of the vagina and the cervix. It forms a vaginal discharge and causes inflammation that is chronic. Talking about a Candida infection, it causes severe itching of vagina and cervix. It generates white, dense, vaginal discharge.
The condition of Vaginal Discharge may last for weeks or even a few months. But it is important to treat it at initial stage so that it doesn’t get protracted. Such a discharge is typically experienced during the time of puberty when the sexual structures of female evolve.
The discharge might typically be because of an infection present in some of the tissues of the vagina. Some general symptoms of leukorrhea are like:
- A whitish release from vagina.
- Dense,viscid, and foul smelling discharge – specifically during puberty.
- Some pain in lumbar area and calves.
- Weakness and black patches under eyes.
- Disturbances in digestion.
- Patches on undergarments.
- Extreme itching in genital region.
- Dragging feeling in abdomen.
- Frequent headaches.
Also Read: Home remedies for irregular periods
Home remedies For leukorrhea (leucorrhoea) treatment
Apple cider vinegar
Firstly, apple cider vinegar is believed to be effective for treating leukorrhea. It is helpful in restoring the natural pH balance of your body. It also possesses acidic and antiseptic properties, which help in reinstating the acidic quality of vaginal flora and diminish vaginal odour. This is one of best home remedies for leucorrhoea.
- You can drink a glass of water blended with one or two tablespoons of unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar once daily.
The seeds of Fenugreek also help in improving the pH level in the vagina and are also considered to affect the levels of oestrogen. Moreover, the icing on the cake is that the seeds perform as a natural immune booster too.
You can soak a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Next morning, rinse the water and add one-half teaspoon of honey. Once it is done, just drink it when your stomach is empty. This is one of effective home remedies for leukorrhea.
- Moreover, you can also boil two teaspoons of seeds of fenugreek in four water cups for around 30 minutes. Rinse and let it get cool. Then use the water as a vaginal wash around three or four times regularly till the symptoms diminish.
Cranberries possess anti-fungal, antibiotic and antioxidant properties, which can prove helpful in preventing bacteria from linking to the vaginal wall and battle the issue of leukorrhea.
- Just drink a glass of unsweetened cranberry juice twice or thrice a day till the issue is resolved.
Also read: Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Vaginal Odor
Then Indian gooseberry which is commonly known as amla possesses anti-infection properties, which make it very beneficial for vaginal health. Adding to this, the high vitamin C content in it improves the immune system for helping the body battle off the problems.
- Just blend one or two teaspoons of this gooseberry powder packed with sufficient honey to make a dense paste. Consume this mixture twice a day regularly for around a week.
Bananas are also good home remedy for leucorrhea. This fruit is also helpful in dismissing complaints like lethargy and digestive disturbances, which might be accompanying the problem.
- Try to consume one or two overripe bananas regularly to control leucorrhoea.
- If you don’t want to eat, then you can also blend two tablespoons of banana flower juice along with two teaspoons of powdered Palmyra candy and consume it once daily.
As per Ayurveda, figs are believed to be a good remedy for Vaginal Discharge. They possess an influential laxative effect that helps diminish harmful toxins and waste from the body, in turn, assists diminish Vaginal Discharge.
- Just soak around two to three dried figs in a cup of water overnight. In the morning, mix the soaked figs in water and drink it empty stomach.
- One can also grind similar sums of the bark of fig tree and also banyan tree into a fine powder. Blend a tablespoon of this powder in two cups of water. Make use of this solution for washing vagina.
Thus, you have to remember that slight virginal discharge is okay, but if it is more than common, it is good to carry out these home remedies for leucorrhoea. There is no need to panic because, after a regular course of these home remedies for white discharge, you can witness the difference yourself.