One of the common health conditions that need medical attention is jaundice. The medical term for this is hepatitis that occurs when the bilirubin in the bloodstream increases to high levels. In this article, we will talk about home remedies for jaundice and hepatitis B treatment.
Types of jaundice
You need to identify the type of jaundice to give effective treatment. In most cass, we find bilirubin levels in newborns very high because of jaundice in newborns. Depending on the condition that causes jaundice, we classify them into three types:
- Haemolytic jaundice: When the breakdown of the red blood cells occur at a fast rate, then the amount of bilirubin in the blood increases, leading to hemolytic jaundice.
- Hepatocellular hemolytic jaundice: When you have has a live injury or disease, this type of jaundice occurs.
- Obstructive jaundice: When obstruction of the bile duct causes the build-up of bilirubin in the blood, we call it obstructive jaundice.
Jaundice symptoms – How to recognize Hepatitis B?
Anyone can see and recognize the symptoms of jaundice by the yellow stain on the skin of the person. There is also yellow staining of the whites of the eyes. Discoloration begins on the face and then spreads over the entire body. The common symptoms include these:
- Appetite loss
- Weight Loss
- Abdominal discomfort
- Bitter taste in mouth
- Dark, yellow urine
- Pale coloured stools
In most general cases, babies have jaundice when they are born. You can see this by the yellow discoloration on the forehead when you depress it. Other symptoms include listlessness and nonstop crying.
Causes of jaundice
Jaundice occurs when there is an unusual accumulation of bilirubin in the blood. Sometimes, bilirubin may get accumulated in the tissues of the body, and the liver is unable to remove this. You see the common causes listed here:
- Cholestasis: Here the flow of bile from the liver remains obstructed thus preventing the conjugated bilirubin from leaving the liver.
- Inflammation of the bile duct: At times, the bile duct might get inflamed due to disease or injury. This prevents the flow of bile leading to excess bilirubin in the liver.
- Gilbert’s syndrome: Due to this inherited syndrome, the enzymes are not able to process the bile causing an excess build-up of bilirubin.
- Inflammation of the liver: The liver itself might become inflamed leading to the improper flow of bile and accumulation of the bilirubin.
- Dubin Johnson syndrome: In this inherited condition, the conjugated bile gets prevented from leaving the liver.
- Haemolyticanaemia: When you have haemolytic anemia, large amounts of red blood cells get broken down, leading to the excess of bilirubin in the liver.
Home remedies for jaundice and hepatitis B treatment
The best cures for jaundice are the ones that we have at every home. These include ingredients such as spices, herbs, fruits, and nuts.
1. Berries, nuts, fruits, and leaves for jaundice treatment
Almonds: The rich content of calcium, iron, vitamin E, magnesium, and phosphorus in almonds help it impart good health. The riboflavin, copper, and manganese help boost the metabolic rate.
When you get affected by jaundice, you will become lethargic. So, eating some almonds will help you stay energetic all the time.
Soak a few almonds overnight in water. Crush them and have them in the morning with some milk. There is no specific time when you must have the almonds.
Radish leaves for jaundice cure: The radish leaves have the property of removing bilirubin from the blood. For this reason, you can have radish leaves when you have jaundice and get good results. Grind the leaves in a blender and filter the juice. Have this with some tomato juice, salt, and pepper. This is one of the medicine for jaundice patient.
Tomato: This is one of the functional foods since it is rich in antioxidants and other health-giving substances. One is the phytochemical called lycopene that helps prevent the damage to healthy body cells while another is alpha lipoic acid that converts glucose to energy. Tomatoes also help remove the bilirubin and cure the condition of jaundice. This is one of the best food for jaundice treatment at home.
2. Natural spices and herbs for jaundice cure
Turmeric: One of the most common household ingredients, turmeric remains revered for its ability to fight all manner of infections and diseases. It removes toxic substances from the blood. This gives us the cure for jaundice.
- Use ¼ teaspoon of turmeric in water and drink it daily.
- This will remove all the harmful pathogens from your body.
- People add it to their daily meals while cooking.
Ginger: This is a popular spice used in cooking. Jaundice develops in the body because the person loses appetite. The body loses the strength to fight the disease.
Ginger augments the appetite of the person, and so they begin to eat and develop more strength. Add a piece of crushed ginger to lime juice and have it three or four times a day. People develop immunity by adding it to their curries.
Oregano: You get good liver and blood cleansing from oregano. It removes the impurities from the blood. Boil some of the leaves in water. Strain, cool, and drink this until your symptoms all disappear. It fights against inflammation and stimulates the flow of bilirubin from the liver.
3. Homemade juices and drinks for hepatitis B
One must not forget the efficacy of the homemade juices and drinks. They provide a fast and effective cure for many ailments.
Buttermilk: The buttermilk absorbs the toxins from the blood, and this makes it very useful for people suffering from jaundice. Have a glass of buttermilk twice a day, and your jaundice will go away fast. You can add cumin seeds to the buttermilk or crushed curry leaves to increase the potency.
Lemon juice: One finds plenty of vitamin C in lemon. This has antioxidant properties that prevent damage to healthy body cells. Its diuretic action helps the body flush the toxins fast. It promotes the health of the liver by protecting the liver cells.
Sugarcane juice: More than being a refreshing drink, sugarcane juice has the ability to flush out the toxins in the body. Take one glass of sugarcane juice in the morning and evening for best effect.
Follow these Effective home remedies for jaundice and hepatitis B treatment and stay healthy. You must stop treatment if there is no significant improvement. If the condition worsens, then consult a doctor or go to a clinic immediately.