Red, raised welts or bumps on the skin without any recognized shape or location that occur due to allergens or otherwise are hives. They often as a result of the interaction with the environmental conditions as much as on the food you eat or the medicines you have. Angioedema and Urticaria are other names for this ailment. In this article, we will talk about home remedies for hives.
Treatment of hives involves symptom relief until the condition disappears. Usually, hives do not have any serious complications. You can see the usual causes of hives given below.
- Cold temperature
- Insect Bites
How to protect from heat or sunlight to prevent urticaria?
If the hives occur due to the heat or sunlight, you must keep the interiors of the house cool. The allergic reaction occurs when the temperature increases or dips. The sensitiveness of the skin increases and this causes the hives to appear or increase in intensity. By maintaining a uniform, cool atmosphere, you will avoid irritating the skin.
Wear light, cotton clothes that do not chafe the skin. Heavy clothing can irritate the skin and make the condition worse. Stay in a cool, breezy room. Do not expose your body to direct sunlight. Use a moisturizing cream on your skin if the weather is hot. Fan yourself if you begin to sweat. Have a shower if the weather gets hot.
At times, they occur if you eat something spicy. But this may happen only at times. You must keep a watch on what you eat.
Natural home remedies for hives treatment
The Witch Hazel is a wonderful herb that helps soothe the skin. You can prepare the witch hazel mixture for the hives on your own. This will help you change the ingredients around to suit your skin type.
- Take 5-10 grams of the bark of witch hazel.
- Put it in one cup of water. Grind it well until the bark is a paste.
- Use a pot to bring the mix to a boil.
- When it begins to boil, remove from the stove.
- Strain the mixture and cool it.
- Apply the mixture on your skin.
Use the application two to three times a day on the skin where the hives appear. Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes each time. Rinse off with warm water. If you do not have witch hazel in your garden, you can buy some online or at the local health dispensary. This is one of the best home remedies for hives.
Aloe Vera to cure hives
This is the doctor in your garden since it cures many conditions. It helps augment the health of the skin. So, it is an ideal medicine to cure the symptoms of hives. It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cut a leaf from the bottom of the plant.
- Scoop the gel inside the leaf into a cup. Make sure you have at least one cup.
- Whisk it well with a blender.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Beat it until the mix is smooth.
- Apply this once or twice a day to the skin.
- Wait for ten minutes before you wash it off with cool water.
Some people may have a natural allergy to Aloe Vera, so do patch tests before you use it. This is because it causes contact dermatitis. Apply a few drops to the inside of your arms. Wait for 24 hours and if nothing happens, you can use it safely. This is one of the effective home remedies for hives.
Also Check: Best ayurvedic skin care products
This is one of the most popular home remedies for hives. This is because this ingredient is available in most of the homes. It has good anti-inflammatory properties also. And, it helps reduce the itching.
- Mix 1½ cups of baking soda in a bathtub filled with water.
- Soak in this for 20 minutes.
Else, use this method:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a cup of water.
- Make it to the consistency of a paste.
- Spread the paste on your skin where the hives appear.
- Let it sit for ten minutes.
- Rinse it with warm water.
Ginger is a wonder medicine in the world of Ayurveda. It helps solve plenty of ailments including hives. This is due to its strong anti-inflammatory and antihistamine properties. Ginger has a direct action on the enzymes and the genes. It improves the blood circulation and helps soothe the itching. The improved circulation helps to put the swelling down.
- Take ¼ cup of brown sugar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger.
- Mix in ¾ cups of vinegar and bring to boil.
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of the mixture and add warm water to it.
- Dab this on your skin in the affected places. Do this two or three times a day.
If you do not want to go to the trouble of making the ginger preparation, you can peel a piece of ginger, cut a piece and apply this on the skin. Do this two to three times until the condition cures. Chew on ginger candy or fresh ginger for extra effect.
Turmeric is famous for its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps stimulate the natural anti-inflammatory corticosteroids in the body. The antioxidant nature is useful for treating hives. It is also a natural antihistamine. Turmeric finds use in improving the skin conditions and as a beauty aid.
- Boil 2 teaspoons of turmeric of milk.
- Drink this daily to get cured of hives fast.
Turmeric finds use in making dishes. You can also take turmeric supplements but only after consultation with your physician. Find health benefits of turmeric powder.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has antihistamine properties so it is useful for treating hives. You can use it in your bathwater just like the baking soda or you may mix equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar and apply it to the affected area. This will give you good relief.
Use whichever method is suitable for your skin type. Sometimes, you may have to use more than one remedy to get an effective cure for the symptoms.
At times, hives can cause a dangerous swelling in the airways. This is an emergency and you should seek medical help immediately. In most other cases, they go away on their own if you treat the symptoms. Follow these effective home remedies for hives and cure Urticaria naturally.