The color and complexion of the skin adds to the personality of the person. It adds to the wealth since the person gets more opportunities and will acquire more wealth. Here, we see home remedies for fair skin and glowing complexion by using things we have in the house.
Lemon for fair skin
Never has there been such an effective bleaching agent as lemon. Rub a lemon slice on the face regularly to improve the skin tone and get fairer skin. Do not go out in the sun immediately after you apply lemon on the skin. Lemon helps remove blemishes and dark spots.
Milk has health-giving nutrients such as Vitamin D that helps in collagen production and calcium absorption. It has Vitamin A that makes new cells to grow. The Vitamin B6 moisturizes the skin while the Vitamin B12 prevents uneven skin tone and discoloration. The magnesium gives glow to the skin.
You can use plain milk for softening and toning your facial skin. But, a better way is to add chickpea flour and lemon juice with the milk.
- Take 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour.
- To this, add 1 tablespoon each of milk and lemon juice. Mix and make to uniform consistency.
- Apply this paste to the face using upward movement of the hand on the sides of the face.
- Pat it to get uniform thickness and allow it to dry.
The natural medicinal value of turmeric aside, it has skin toning effect. Turmeric is an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. It stains the clothes and the face so everything is yellow. Traditionally it has been in use as a beauty agent as it lightens the skin and removes the impurities on the skin. By opening the pores of the skin, it ensures better skin health. You can deal with acne by applying turmeric face-masks.
The method of preparing the mask is like this.
- Take 2-3 pieces of turmeric and soak them in water for 20 minutes.
- Use a rough stone to rub the turmeric gently until you get enough paste.
- Use 1 teaspoon of the paste with 3 teaspoons of lime juice to form a smooth paste.
- Some people use bleaching powder along with this but that will make the skin to appear patchy and some people develop blisters.
- Apply the paste on your face and let it dry. This will take 20 minutes at least.
- Once it is dry, you can wipe it with water and pat dry.
Do it two to three times a week. This will brighten your facial skin and prevent blemishes. You may also add oils with the turmeric paste. Popular choices of oils would be coconut oil, almond oil, and castor oil.
Also Read: Top 10 superfoods for healthy skin
Egg is very effective at treating acne. The egg white has a whitening effect on the facial skin. It helps rectify sunburn, wrinkles, and dry skin. You should have the egg mask treatment at least once a week to keep the facial skin youthful and fresh.
- Take 2 egg whites and add 3 teaspoons of honey.
- Whisk it together and apply on the face.
- Let the mix dry and keep it on for 10 minutes. Then, wash with water and pat dry.
Eating tomatoes and dishes containing tomatoes helps remove the stubborn blackheads. This is due to the action of lycopene in the tomatoes. It reduces the tan on the skin. The antioxidants combat free radicals present on the skin surface and give protection against the harmful UV rays of the sun. On an average, include tomatoes in the daily menu, at least thrice a week.
The lactic acid in the yogurt will dissolve the dead skin and tighten the pores. The yogurt will lighten the skin and reduce the number of lines on the skin. You can use yogurt with orange juice or with besan flour (gram flour).
- Add the needed ingredient and make a uniform paste.
- Apply on the face and let it sit for half-an-hour.
- Wash with water and pat dry. You can also add a ripe banana to the yogurt.
This will give the face added glow. Due to the moisturizing effect of the yogurt, the skin will become youthful and get more elasticity.
Cucumber Face Pack
The ascorbic acid and caffeic acid helps soothe the skin, prevent irritation, reduce swelling and prevent water retention. You can use cucumber for dermatitis, burns, and puffy eyes. They have Vitamin K and molybdenum, pantothenic acid, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, Vitamin B1, and biotin. Silica present in cucumbers is very important for our health.
The cucumber helps lighten the acne spots and tighten the skin due to the astringent action. It helps remove the dirt, dead skin, bacteria, and oil. Crush some cucumber and apply the paste on the places where you have fine lines and wrinkles. Place slices of the cucumber on your forehead and cheeks to reduce puffiness and lighten the skin.
As we grow older, the oil production by the sebaceous gland of our skin decreases. This makes the skin become dry and withered. The work of the sebaceous gland is to produce sebum, the oily substances that moisturizes our skin. Jojoba oil has the same texture as sebum. This makes it an ideal substitute for the natural oils of the skin.
- Just before your bath use an oil massage for the face.
- Use two tablespoons of jojoba oil in a cup with two drops of essential oil of Rosemary plant or Sandalwood.
- Warm it slightly and apply it to the face in small dabs.
- Wait in between dabs so the oil may be soaked up fully.
- Keep rubbing the face softly in the upward direction.
- Once the oil is used up, wait for 10 minutes before you have your bath.
All the skin remedies help only if you eat well. You must include fresh fruits, leafy vegetables, and nuts in your diet.