In this article, we will talk about all the health benefits of dates and side effects. We will also learn how to use dates for good health. Fresh dates are very soft, which are easily digested and there is also glucose.
After eating dates your body gets refreshed. The date is specially called the fruit of winter season. By eating it with milk in the cold, the body gets hot, and rid of small diseases.
There are many other benefits of dates fruit, which is being explained further. Dates are nutritious fruits, which are very beneficial for health. Nutrients like iron, calcium, potassium etc. are found in date fruit. Drinking dates with milk are very beneficial for health.
Top 15 health benefits of dates for heart, hair, skin and body
1. Improves heart health
If our heart remains healthy then our whole body is healthy. Keep the date soaked at night in the water, eat it in the morning. It gives weak heart strength. Dates contain potassium, which reduces the risk of stroke and other related problems.
By eating it only 2 times a week, you can fully protect your heart. If you have a problem of high BP, then you should take 3 or 4 dates. And take out their kernels. Then put dates in milk and boil for few minutes. And when this milk becomes lukewarm, consume this milk. This is one of the best health benefits of dates.
Also Read: Healthy foods for healthy heart
2. Dates cure anemia
When red cells are reduced in our blood then there is anemia disease. There is a lot of Iron to date which helps to create new blood in the body. It also controls the amount of hemoglobin in the blood. Patients with anemia should take dates daily and it will be very beneficial. This is one of the effective health benefits of dates.
Also Read: Natural remedies for anemia
3. Date fruit treats constipation
Fibers present in the date fruit are easily dissolved in the body. It helps us with constipation problem. Soak the dates in the night in water and next morning consume with an empty stomach and drink the same water.
By doing this daily, you will never face constipation. Dates destroy harmful bacteria present in the intestines. Therefore, if you have any problem related to intestines, then you should eat dates regularly. This is one of the time tested health benefits of dates according to ayurveda.
Also Read: How to cure constipation naturally at home
4. Helps in weight gain
it is a healthy fruit which contains sugar, protein and lots of vitamins. If you are lean, thin, and want to bring strength to your body then eat 4-5 dates with milk. Very soon you will understand the difference.
- Take four or five dates and boil it in a glass of milk for 5 -10 minutes on a low flame.
- Drink this milk when it’s lukewarm.
- Dates and milk help in making muscles.
5. Dates are beneficial for pregnant women
Pregnant women have different kinds of problems. Despite taking medicines, there is always a problem remains. If you want to be completely healthy then eat dates.
Dates are also beneficial for the child along with the mother. Due to the eating of dates, the troubles in delivery are overcome, and the amount of milk in the mother’s body also increases.
Pregnant mother must eat dates. It gives strength and makes new blood in the body. A date enhances the strength of the kidneys. If you feel tired often, then you should eat dates every day. After menopause, women have to face pain, eating dates provides relief from this pain. This is one of the proven health benefits of dates.
6. Cures night blindness
Many people have difficulty in seeing at night. To remove this disease, grind few date leaves and apply the paste near eyes and eat dates every day. This remedy is very popular in the village.
Apart from this, dates keep the eyes healthy too. According to a research, eating this fruit every day keeps a healthy eye full of life. Dates contain Vitamin A which is very much helpful in increasing the eyesight.
Also Read: Healthy foods to improve vision
7. Eliminate the lack of calcium
There is calcium in the date fruit which cures the calcium deficiency. Calcium deficiency causes bone weakness and pain in the joints. You will overcome these problems by eating dates daily.
8. Remove the problems related to the tooth
Eating dates give relief to many problems of the tooth. This is very beneficial in the form of home remedies for a toothache. Dates make teeth stronger.
9. Extinction of hunger
The amount of fiber in date is high. If you feel frequent hunger, then eat dates. It will quickly cure hunger and you will get stronger too. It is also helpful in reducing your weight.
10. Date fruit improves immunity
If you eat dates in cold weather, then it cures cold & cough. If there is a cold problem in the winter season, then take four or five black pepper, a spoonful of ghee, a cardamom and 4 to 5 dates. Boil all these things and eat. This will reduce the problem of cold. If you have a respiratory problem, then you should eat dates with a mixture of dry ginger.
11. Beneficial for children
Children who frequently have bathroom problems, who wet the bed at night, they should feed date. It will benefit very quickly. People who have frequent urination; they should eat two dates in the day. If your child wets the bed at night, then you should boil 2 dates in the milk. Feed this milk to your child before sleeping at night.
12. Controls Cholesterol
Eating dates control cholesterol in the body. The problem of low cholesterol can be overcome by date.
Children should have dates with honey if they have Diarrhea.
Health benefits of dates for skin
The rich nutrient of dates is always beneficial for your skin. Some of its benefits for skin are:
- Healthy skin: The red dates are filled with vitamin C and flavonoid, which improves the elasticity of your skin and enriches the tissues under the skin. This makes your skin smooth and soft. Vitamin B5 found in date helps prevent skin problems, such as stretch of the skin.
- Beneficial in aging: Dates are a rich source of anti-oxidants, which can effectively resist harmful particles present in the body. This way it prevents the premature aging. Vitamin C, in particular, prevents oxidation and prevents the accumulation of melanin inside the human body, which helps in dealing with wrinkles problem in the skin.
- Treatment of skin problem: Vitamin B found in it is beneficial for skin. Its deficiency develops many skin problems. Due to a natural source of vitamin B, dates are always better to remove skin stretch marks.
- Oil Massage: Because of nutrients found in date, its oil is also very beneficial. There are also anti-microbial properties that create a complete massage oil to treat skin problems.
This way Dates are beneficial to the skin along with health.
Also Check: Best superfood for healthy young skin
Dates benefits for hair
Hair needs adequate nutrition for their proper development and maintenance. Regular consumption of dates can be beneficial for your hair. Some of the benefits are:
- For healthy hair: Vitamins are found in abundance in dates, especially vitamin B, which is important for healthy hair maintenance. Its deficiency may be the cause of hair problems like hair fall, brittle hair. Therefore, its regular intake can prevent hair problems.
- To avoid hair loss: Dates are excellent for your hair. Every day, 2-3 dates intake will make your hair follicles strong and healthy.
Also check: Top 10 superfoods for healthy hair
Dates side effects
Consuming anything more than the requirement can cause harm, some of the side effects caused by dates are displayed below:
- It should not be consumed more as the sugar found in it increases blood sugar in your body, which is harmful for you.
- You do not lose weight by eating this fruit, so it is not a good idea of eating dates if you are overweight.
- Due to large amount of dates, there may be problems like stomach ache. At the same time, it can lead to problems of gas.
- Big amount of dates can also cause problem of diarrhea.
- Some people may also be allergic to it, so consult a doctor before taking it.
- By eating it, it sticks in the teeth, which can lead to problems of teeth.
- It should not be consumed by infants or young children because it is a seed-rich fruit that can harm the children.
How to make Dates juice
- First take 3-4 dates and half cup milk to make date juice.
- Soak dates in lukewarm water for a few hours before making juice.
- Now grind dates and milk in a blender and move it to a glass.
- Add sugar to your liking and consume.
- It is easy to make it at home and there is no better way to make healthy nutritious drink like this.
Dates juice benefits
Along with the fruit of dates, there are also many benefits of date juice, which is as follows:
- Brightness in the skin: By regularly consuming it you can get a refreshing and shiny skin.
- Nourishes the skin: It increases the number of platelets in your blood and nourishes your skin. Prepare date juice at your home. It is beneficial for you. And it’s also easy to make.
- Make hair healthy: Dates juice also contains vitamin B which keeps your hair healthy.
- It helps in natural labor.
- The antioxidant found in this helps fight cancer.
- Those who want to increase their weight should eat it as it is an artisan to increase the weight.
- It helps to reduce your body’s bad cholesterol.
- It is helpful in strengthening your teeth and bones.
Try these amazing health benefits of dates but be cateful of their side effects.