Who loves to wake up in the morning with a new pimple under skin on the face? Well, pimple deep under skin is a pain in the neck. And because they hurt besides making one look ugly, they are a dreaded subject. In this post, we will talk about effective ways to treat a pimple under skin.
What makes an underground pimple more problematic is when it doesn’t come out fully. Yes, we are talking about a blind pimple or a pimple that remains hidden under the skin. This deep painful pimple causes more pain than the routine one because it lies closer to the nerves, deep within the skin.
Like regular pimples, blind pimples are also caused due to overactive sebaceous glands. But these pimples lack the typical white head that may be found on ordinary pimples.
Places, where this pimple loves to grow, are the areas behind the ears and on the nose, even though you can find them in other areas of the face too.
They may vary in size. And because they don’t contain pus and are usually red in color, they hardly look like pimples. It is advisable that you stay away from squeezing them because that might cause infection on the skin, which in turn could cause permanent scars.
If you hate blind pimples and want to treat the ones on your face already bothering you, then try out the remedies below.
Home remedies for pimple under skin
1. A warm compress for a hard pimple under skin
Warm compresses are great for the circulation of blood. This will also trigger faster healing by allowing a head of a pimple with no head to come out. When the head of the pimples shows up, it allows the pus and germs inside a pimple to come out through it, resulting in faster healing.
For a warm compress, all you need is a clean cloth soaked in warm water. This wet cloth needs to be pressed against a pimple for some time, preferably a couple of minutes. This process should be done 3-4 times a day until you see a head on the pimple.
You can also use a black tea bag as a compress. Make sure it’s warm and not cold. The tannins in the tea will offer you relief from any inflammation.
Also Read: How to get rid of pimples fast
2. Use milk to cure a painful pimple under skin
If you are looking to treat your blind pimples by unclogging the pores of the skin, then you should try applying milk. Milk contains AHA or alpha hydroxy acids, which help unclog skin pores.
- Apply milk directly on the blind pimples with the help of a cotton ball.
- The applied milk should be left on for around 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, the area should be washed with lukewarm water.
- Apply milk for around three times a day until the heads of the pimples come out.
- Alternatively, you can create a poultice with a slice of bread dipped in milk, and then apply the poultice on the blind pimples.
- Keep the poultice pressed for a couple of minutes.
- This should be repeated twice a day until improvement is noticed.
Also Read: Popular Ayurvedic Skin Care Products
3. Essential oils are a great remedy for deep pimple
You should always make use of good quality oils for this purpose. These oils can help shrink the pimples considerably, because of which redness and soreness reduce.
- All you need for this remedy is a small amount of any of these oils.
- Apply the oil directly on the blind pimples before going to bed and leave it overnight.
- Upon waking up, you must clean your face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process every day till your pimples disappear.
- If you are applying these oils on your pimples during the day, make sure you leave it on for around 1 to 2 hours or more.
4. Raw honey for blind pimple treatment
If you don’t want to rely on any over the counter product, then you can use honey for the same amount of effectiveness. With anti-bacterial properties in it, honey can help treat under the skin pimples faster.
Try not to use the honey you find at grocery stores. Remember, you need raw honey for this remedy. For effective results, you will have to apply the honey to a pimple with no head and then leave it on overnight. Raw honey also has other amazing applications- you can use it as a cleanser by mixing it with water.
5. Apply neem paste
The use of neem leaves paste can treat blind pimples effectively by killing bacteria. Neem can also be used to reduce inflammation. You can also make use of it as a preventive measure in the area that gets pimples.
You can use neem paste twice daily for faster results. Neem also helps remove acne scars. So, you get dual benefits from one product. This is the best treatment for under skin pimples.
6. Apple cider vinegar is a great remedy for a blind pimple
If you want to reduce the redness of your pimples under the skin, then applying apple cider vinegar on then would be the best bet. But don’t overdo it- once a day is more than enough.
Also, don’t apply this product in its undiluted form on the skin, because apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature and it can be pretty harsh on the skin. Keep in mind that you don’t have to apply this product all over your face; apply on the affected areas only.
Also Read: Home remedies for scars
7. Try Epsom salt
Applying Epsom salt on blind pimples is not just a convenient but also an inexpensive way of recovery. Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate, which is anti-inflammatory in nature.
For its application, you will need a clean washcloth. Now, dip this washcloth in a solution of warm water and Epsom salt. This remedy acts as a warm compress.
Doing this 3-4 times daily could yield desirable results in a short time. With the help of this salt, you will be able to do away with toxins as well as bacteria. Epsom salt also reduces your skin’s oiliness, because of which new blind pimples don’t arise.
With these amazing remedies to treat a pimple under skin, you will be able to bid adieu to your pimples once and for all. So, why wait? Try them right away!