Talking about diabetes, it is an ailment that takes place when your blood glucose that is also called blood sugar, gets too high. Blood glucose is the chief source of energy and origins of the food the individual eats. In this post, we will talk about home remedies for diabetes.
Insulin, a hormone formed by the pancreas, assists glucose from meal get into the cells to be used for energy. At times, the body does not make much or any insulin or does not use insulin well.
Glucose then remains in the blood and does not reach the cells. Over the time, having so much glucose in the blood can cause various health issues.
Actually, diabetes or diabetes mellitus is a bunch of ailments, which influence how the body makes use of blood sugar.
Blood sugar or glucose plays an important role in catering energy to cells forming tissues and muscles. And yes, glucose is also considered as a fuel for the brain.
Causes of type 1 diabetes are
- Type 1 diabetes takes place when the immune system attacks and abolishes the insulin-creating beta cells of the pancreas. Scientists believe that type 1 diabetes is mostly caused by genes and environmental influences like viruses, which might trigger the ailment.
Causes of type 2 diabetes are
- Type 2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes. It is caused by numerous factors such as the lifestyle factors and genes.
Also read: Home remedies for piles
Some of the symptoms of diabetes include:
- Grown thirst and urination.
- Mysterious weight loss.
- Augmented hunger.
- A lot of fatigue.
- blurred eyesight.
- tingling or numbnessin feet or hands.
- sores which do not heal.
Also Read: Healthy breakfast items for diabetic patient
Remember the symptoms of type 1 diabetes might begin quickly, in a time of weeks. Symptoms of type 2 diabetes frequently develop slowly, over the course of various years and might be too mild that one may not even notice them.
Many individuals with type 2 diabetes possess no symptoms. Many people do not even find out they possess the disease till they get problems related to high blood sugar such as heart trouble or blurred vision.
Home Remedies for Getting Rid of Your Diabetes
If you eat apples regularly, it can diminish the danger of emerging diabetes. Moreover, patients generally feel a great improvement in their high blood sugar after consuming an apple daily. The fruit is packed with soluble fibre, Vitamin C, and antioxidants.
- For slowing down the growth of this disease and for controlling its symptoms, you just require eating a tiny or medium sized apple a day.
- You can also drink the juice of fresh apples.
As per Indian Ayurveda, guava fruit and guava leaves are very effective natural home remedies for diabetes.
The extract of guava leaves contains a flavonoid known as quercetin that possesses hypoglycaemic effect and capability to decrease blood sugar.
Both the guava leaves and fruit have more than thirteen substances against high blood sugar. For treating diabetes, you just require eating guava regularly. Peel off the skin before eating the fruit.
To eat the skin of guava is not really good for patients with high blood sugar.
For making the best use of guava leaves in improving diabetes, you must prepare the guava leaves tea. Let us go through the steps of preparing this tea:
- Just put some guava leaves in the pan.
- Then pour one or two cups of fresh water over leaves.
- Boilfor a few minutes till the water gets reduced to half.
- Turn off heat and strain it.
- Allow the tea to cool down to room temperature.
- Then finally drink it.
For getting a satisfactory outcome, you must drink two or three cups of guava leaves tea every day.
Also Read: Home remedies for vertigo
Cherries are loaded with beta-carotene, potassium, antioxidants, vitamin C, magnesium, iron, fibre, and folate. Moreover, anthocyanins present in the cherries can boost the insulin production near fifty percent. This lowers the blood pressure and improves diabetes.
- For improving your diabetes, you just have to take one-half cup of cherries every day. Remember these cherries can be eaten fresh, canned, frozen, or dried.
Basil (Tulsi) Leaves
The leaves of basil are full of antioxidants and important oils, which generate methyl eugenol, eugenol, and caryophyllene. Together these compounds are helpful for pancreatic beta cells to perform properly and surge sensitivity to insulin.
- Just consume two to three Tulsi leaves about one tablespoon full of its juice or whole on an empty stomach. It would lower the levels of blood sugar.
Avocado possesses a great source of fibre and healthy monounsaturated fat. The fruit is very helpful in managing the blood sugar in the body and improving high blood sugar condition.
- Patients having high blood sugar should eat a medium sized of avocado regularly. Here one can add Avocado in the salads or sandwiches.
It is very effective in improving insulin sensitivity, and it lowers the levels of blood glucose. Consuming as little as one-half teaspoon of cinnamon every day can improve the insulin sensitivity and can prove helpful in controlling weight.
- You can include around one gram of dalchini into your daily diet for around a month lower the levels of blood sugar.
Also Read: cinnamon benefits
Bitter gourd (Karela)
Karela can also play a significant role in keeping this disease in control. All you have to do is:
- Just eat Karela at least once a week. You can eat it as a vegetable or consume it through a curry.
- If you want to witness swift outcomes, then nothing would be better than having a glass of Karela juice. Have it once in three days and make sure your stomach is empty at the time of having it. Read Karela juice benefits.
Thus, for your high blood sugar, you have to consume healthy foods. You should maintain a healthy weight too. Remember that a healthy diet is the one including many fruits, whole grains, and legumes, with a restricted quantity of saturated fat. And these home remedies for diabetes if followed dedicatedly, you can see the results quickly. So, give these remedies a try for ensuring a diabetes-free life.