Constipation: If you are constipated, it means the movements of your bowel are tough or happen less frequently than usual. It won’t be wrong to say that almost everybody goes through it sooner or later. Though, generally, it is not serious, one shall feel much better when his body is back on the path. The usual length of time between bowel movements differs widely from individual to individual. Some people experience them twice a day while other feels them just once or twice a week. Getting longer than three or more days without one is generally too long. After three days, feces or stool gets harder and much difficult to pass.
Some constipation causes
- Alterations in your common diet or activities.
- Annoying bowel syndrome.
- Antacid medicines possessing calcium or aluminium.
- Eating disorders.
- Consuming a lot of dairy items.
- Colon cancer.
- Neurological conditions like Parkinson’s ailment or manifold sclerosis.
- Not being so active.
- Not much water or fibre in the diet.
- Issues with the muscles and nerves in digestive system.
- Overuse of laxatives.
- Battling the need to have a bowel movement. This thing many people do because of hemorrhoids.
- A few medications mainly strong pain drugs like antidepressants, narcotics or iron pills.
- A lot of stress.
- A feeling that everything hasn’t come out.
- You might feel a few bowel movements.
- Having a swollen belly or belly pain.
- Difficulty having a bowel movement for example straining to go.
- Facing small or Hard stools.
Also Read: Home remedies for piles
Home Remedies for constipation
Pure olive oil is much more than a tasty and healthy fat it can also prove helpful in relieving constipation. It stimulates the digestive system that helps in getting things moving through the colon. Once you consume it regularly, it will prevent constipation.
- In mornings, do consume a tablespoon of olive oil. It would work best on an empty stomach. In case you forget, wait till you haven’t eaten for a long.
- You can also mix it with a little quantity of lemon juice if you want to lighten the flavour.
Also Read: Shatavari powder uses and side effects
Role of Lemon
The citric acid in lemon juice works as a stimulating force for your digestive system. It can also prove helpful in flushing out undigested material and toxins which might have formed up along the walls of colon. Blending the juice with water not just lessens the intensity of the lemon flavour, but it also helps in getting you the fluids you require to get everything moving fine again.
- Just squeeze the juice of a lemon into one glass of warm water. Sip it until it is finished completely.
Lot of Fibre
- Consuming a balanced and healthy diet which is high in fibre will naturally help to prevent constipation. Natural foods items such as figs, berries, pears, broccoli nuts, beans, and whole grain bread are packed with natural goodness and fibre. All this makes them ideal for softening the stools and working as a natural remedy for your constipation.
- While you are checking out these items don’t leave raisins off list. These raisins are high in fibre and contain tartaric acid that has a laxative effect. These can prove really effective for curing constipation.
- So, if you have always been maintaining a gap from these fibre items, time has come to consume them to some extent daily.
Also Read: Effective home remedies for diabetes
- Having prunes or prune juice is actually one of the most prevalent constipation home remedies. Prunes are natural laxative because they possess high quantities of fibre and sorbitol, it naturally softens the stools.
- It has been recommended by experts to drink a glass of prune juice regularly either in morning or late evening to relieve constipation.
Who knows you might be a passionate lover of coffee? Well, good news is that the caffeine which is found in coffee is a natural stimulant for the digestive system. So, sipping a cup of coffee will help you in getting up and running in several ways. While you are having coffee, make sure you don’t cross two cups in a day because otherwise it might affect in a contrary way.
Also Read: Health benefits of coffee
Molasses are Boon
The reason that black-strap molasses acts so well is because of how it has been made. Regular molasses is basically pure cane sugar juice which has been boiled to concentrate and crystallize sugar. The outcome of third boiling is black-strap molasses. It is crystallized but possesses important amounts of minerals and vitamins, particularly magnesium that is what helps the constipation. It is actually both taste and natural!
- Just consume a teaspoon of blackstrap molasses. Begin slow and small. If you do not like the flavour of molasses, you can also add it to a glass of warm water or tea for diluting the taste. If you feel that a teaspoon has not really been effective, you can also go as high as one or two tablespoons, but try to use less at first.
The ingredients of dandelions work as a mild laxative and detoxifier. So, if you drink dandelion tea, it shall initiate bowel movements. Don’t worry it isn’t a tough task to prepare it.
- Just measure 1 one or two teaspoons of dandelion leaves and place them into a mug.
- Then pour1 a cup of hot water over them.
- Then cover them and allow them to steep for five to ten minutes.
- If you do it for three times a day, you can see the magic happening
Lot of Water
- Water is an amazing natural remedy for constipation. By consuming at least three litres of water every day, you will experience better health and relief from constipation.
Thus, there is absolutely no need to feel embarrassed about constipation or require visiting a doctor when you have these home remedies on your desk. Once you practice these remedies, you can witness prompt and effective results.