Ashwagandha or Indian ginseng has an important position in ancient Indian medicine and Ayurveda because of Ashwagandha benefits.
It is an herb that has been used for many centuries. In an effort to stay away from many types of infection, it has also been used by Native Americans and Africans.
Ashwagandha plant and its medicinal properties have been widely described in both traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurveda. It is also known as Indian Ginseng.
Ashwagandha means horse scent. The name was because its odor is such as the smell of horse sweat. This herb originated in India and it grows best in dry areas.
Also check: Ashwagandha plant medicinal uses
It is a strong plant which can survive both at a very high temperature and low temperature. It also survives from -40 degrees Celsius to 10 degree Celsius. Ashwagandha grows up to 1500 meters above sea level.
In Ayurveda, the horse is known as the most powerful animal and Ashwagandha’s smell is same as a horse. So according to Ayurveda, if you want to be strong and powerful like a horse than consume Ashwagandha every day.
Ashwagandha a wonderful medicine for good health
Regular consumption of Ashwagandha can have various health benefits. In this article, we will talk about Ashwagandha and milk, how to use Ashwagandha powder and when to use Ashwagandha.
Ashwagandha is a strength-giving herb. Ashwagandha is a very popular natural medicine and it is the tonic of the common people. Considering its properties, it will not be wrong to call it panacea herb. It corrects the body’s deteriorating condition (nature) by harmonizing and developing the body.
It increases immunity and also develops intelligence. Powerful drug Ashwagandha also has anti-aging, anti-tumor, anti-stress and antioxidant properties.
Ashwagandha plant uses in Ayurveda
Ashwagandha root, leaves, seeds, barks, and fruits are used for the treatment of different diseases. By taking Ashwagandha root powder from the root of Ashwagandha one to three months, one can get super energy, glow, force, strength, and consciousness.
By removing the semen problems, it increases the sperm quality & quantity improves the sexual power (ashwagandha benefits for sex) and improves the digestive system. It is beneficial in dry and tuberculosis diseases.
Also Read: Natural remedies to cure male infertility
It gives a lot of strength and removes every kind of body pain. If you have difficulty in passing urine than this is the best natural medicine for this.
The paste of Ashwagandha leaves has been used to treat skin diseases, swelling of joints, filling of sores and bone decay since ancient times. It gives strength to fight the Gas problem, acidity, pain in the joint, leucorrhoea, high blood pressure and cancer.
Ashwagandha powder benefits for men
- By consuming Ashwagandha with cancer medicines, it only destroys cancerous cells but healthy (life-saving) cells do not get any damage. It increases the ability to fight Cancer microbes.
- Ashwagandha keeps the man young till his long life, and prevents wrinkles on the skin.
- Regular intake of Ashwagandha increases hemoglobin. Mix Ashwagandha powder and Terminalia bellirica (Baheda) powder with a little jaggery and take a spoonful of it with lukewarm water. This makes heartbeat regular and strong.
- To fix the heart and brain weakness, take one spoon ashwagandha powder with a cup of hot milk in the morning and evening.
- If you consume Ashwagandha powder continuously for one year than it corrects all the faults of the body. All the weakness of the body goes away.
- For blood purification, mix one tablespoon powder of Ashwagandha and Chopchini in the same amount. Consume this mixture every morning and evening, with honey.
- To treat RICKETS in children, diseases because of weakness, physical and mental fatigue, weakness of old age and muscle weakness and fatigue, mix some Ashwagandha root powder with cow ghee and consume in the prescribed quantity.
- Ashwagandha benefits for height increase: If your height has been stopped before time and if you want to grow as much as you want, then Ashwagandha can be used as a home remedy. Mix 2 tablespoons of Ashwagandha powder and one tablespoon of sugar in a glass of milk and drink it daily before sleeping.
- Ashwagandha’s intake save us from heart diseases such as high cholesterol and high BP. Regular consumption of it leads to better blood circulation which prevents blood clots forming which sometimes causes fatal diseases like heart attack.
- The problem of insomnia is increasing due to the pressure of work and excessive tension. And by taking capsules or powder of Ashwagandha, such energy is created in our brain which helps us to sleep fast.
- Ashwagandha benefits arthritis: This medicine was used to fix any lesions or injuries at the time when the English medicines were not available. It works as a panacea for getting rid of joint pain and treating any skin disease.
Ashwagandha powder benefits for women
- Boil Ashwagandha roots in the milk for 20 minutes. Now filter that milk and mix one tablespoonful of clarified butter in it. Give this milk to a woman every morning and evening for few days that has ovary problem and impotency. It treats impotency and corrects all ovary problems.
- Mix Ashwagandha root powder with pure cow butter. If a woman is not able to get pregnant that she should consume one tablespoonful of this mixture once a day for one month with cow milk or fresh water. That woman will get pregnant on a definitive basis. You can also mix some cow butter with Ashwagandha decoction and consume.
- On the repeated occurrence of abortion, take two-two spoon juice of the root of Ashwagandha and white kateri. Give this juice to the pregnant lady for 5 to 6 months. It will stop abortion.
- If a woman is not able to get pregnant than add milk and ghee in the decoction of Ashwagandha and consume for one week once a day. She can also take one tablespoonful of Ashwagandha powder with milk for one week. She should start this just before the commencement of the monthly period.
- Take equal quantities of Ashwagandha and Nagauri powder and mix well. After the expiry of the menstrual cycle, consume two teaspoons of this powder with milk every day. After doing this, the woman will become pregnant by removing her infertility.
- This medicine is considered as a major medicine of kayakalp yoga and should be consumed regularly for one year for complete kayakalp (Body transformation).
How to eat Ashwagandha root powder for best results
According to Ayurveda, to get maximum benefits of Ashwagandha root, we first have to wash its root with water. Now boil these roots in milk for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
After that, take these roots out of milk and put under sunrays to get it dry for one day. You can now drink that milk because it has all the properties of Ashwagandha.
Next day, grind all roots to make a thin power and store in a glass pot. This Ashwagandha powder is the most powerful medicine for all body problems.
Consume one and a half tablespoonful of this powder with hot milk every night before going to bed. You should not eat anything before and after one hour of taking this medicine.
This is the best way to get maximum benefits of Ashwagandha. Ashwagandha capsules are also available in the market which you can consume one capsule a day. But pure root powder is the most used form in Ayurveda for best results.
Side Effects of Ashwagandha
For those with hot nature, excessive use of Ashwagandha is harmful. Generally, half a tablespoon of Ashwagandha root powder with a cup of hot milk or tea is good for a normal person.
Do this with an empty stomach and take breakfast after 30 minutes. Eating any of the herbs on an empty stomach is more beneficial. An overdose of this herb can lead to diarrhea, vomiting, and stomach upset.
Ashwagandha can be consumed regularly for three months even if you do not have any disease. As this increases the physical capacity, all the above diseases are eliminated. We hope you have got all Ashwagandha powder benefits and how to use it.