If you see someone with the non-contagious chronic skin disease called psoriasis, the first impression one gets is one of revulsion. Here, we will tall you how do you use apple cider vinegar for psoriasis.
Psoriasis causes skin cells to accumulate on the skin faster than normal. The result is dry, red, raised, and scaly patches on the skin.
How horrible to have such flaky skin on the elbows, knees, and scalp! Though there is no cure for this ailment, you can control psoriasis with some simple steps.
This involves the use of apple cider vinegar, and you must make sure that it is organic, unfiltered, and raw as this contains the good substances needed for the cure. You can use acv for scalp psoriasis treatment and psoriasis on face.
5 Ways to use apple cider vinegar for psoriasis treatment
1. Apple cider vinegar with honey to treat psoriasis
Honey and psoriasis is famous combination. The antioxidant properties of honey help fight the irritation of psoriasis. It also helps make the skin soft. If you want to know how to relieve psoriasis itching then this is the right answer.
The method of application is easy.
- Take 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Apply this to the skin and leave for half an hour.
- Wash with warm water.
Also Read: Health benefits of acv
Olive oil has healing properties. The emollient nature of the olive oil helps soothe the scales of the skin.
- Take 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Add water if needed.
- Apply this mix to the skin where you have the patches.
- Leave it overnight while you sleep.
You will need some plastic covers for your bed sheet or use an old soiled sheet for the night. The antioxidant nature of the olive oil helps prevent further damage to the skin. It soothes the skin and makes it soft. This is the best way to treat psoriasis naturally.
3. Acv with baking soda
People are using acv for psoriasis from old time. Another common kitchen ingredient, baking soda finds use with the apple cider vinegar to help soothe the skin of people affected by psoriasis.
The method of treatment is simple.
- Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Add a few drops of water if needed.
- Mix thoroughly and apply this paste to the place where you have the outbreak of psoriasis.
- After ten minutes, wash with warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
Baking soda has anti-inflammatory properties that prove helpful for people affected by psoriasis. The soda also sets the pH of the skin right. This is one of the best remedies for psoriasis on legs.
Also Read: Health benefits of baking soda
4. Apple cider vinegar with glycerine
The action of the glycerine is to moisturize the skin and soothe any irritation. The method of application is simple. Take 1 tablespoon each of apple cider vinegar and glycerine.
Mix thoroughly and add water if needed. Apply this to the skin. Wait for half an hour and then wash off with warm water. Do this in the morning and the evening.
5. Drink organic apple cider vinegar
This treatment is straightforward.
- Take a glass of water and add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Drink this before you have your dinner.
How this works is the apple cider vinegar makes the stomach more alkaline. It improves the digestive function. Also, it kills all the pathogens there are. This is best for psoriasis on hands.
It has lots of useful nutrients including vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, and vitamin C. On top of this, it has minerals such as iron and potassium apart from alpha-hydroxy acids. These nutrients help exfoliate the top layers of the skin. This is one of the best remedies for psoriasis on hands.
Use apple cider vinegar for psoriasis treatment and live a healthy life.