There are innumerable uses of baking soda. Starting from beauty to the kitchen, there is hardly an area where a woman can’t make use of baking soda. If you still think all this common pantry item can do is bake cakes and cookies, you can’t be more wrong. Here are ten most amazing benefits of baking soda for women. Check out:
Top 10 benefits of baking soda for women for skin, hair and face
1. Baking soda works as skin softener
One of the most interesting ways to use baking soda is like a skin softener. It has amazing skin smoothening and softening properties that make it an absolute favorite among women.
But how to make this skin smoothening ‘baking soda formula’? Well, all you need for this is a cupful of baking soda, which you have to add into your bathtub before stepping into it.
Once you are done with your bath, you realize the effectiveness of this amazing formula. It smoothens and softens your skin almost instantly.
Did you know baking soda can also be used as a deodorant? Probably not, but it’s true! If you are sick and tired of using store bought deodorants only to be disappointed by their results, then it’s high time you gave baking soda deodorant a try.
The best thing about this deodorant is that you can prepare it easily at home. How? Here is the formula-
- Take a bowl and add three tablespoons of baking soda into it.
- Then add to it 3-5 drops some good smelling essential oil.
- This can be any of your favourite oil.
- Mix the two well, and apply the powder on to your underarms with the help of a powder puff.
- Baking soda will neutralize your body odour, and the essential oil will make your underarms smell great.
3. Use as face scrub
Baking soda can also be used as a face scrub.
- Place a tablespoon of baking soda onto your palm, add 2-3 tablespoons of water to it, and then mix the two properly.
- When you get a paste-like consistency, you apply it onto your face and massage for a minute or so.
- You will see the results immediately after rinsing the scrub off.
- This scrub makes your skin soft and dead skin-free.
- You can apply this once or twice a week for effective results.
Also Check: Best skin care products in India
4. Brushes and combs cleaner
Dirty brushes and combs are a nightmare for every hygiene freak woman. If you dye your hair, or your dressing table is placed near a window, then it’s likely that your combs and brushes attract a lot of dust or dirt.
And cleaning them is really a hassle. But thankfully, with baking soda, this is no more a difficult feat. All you need to clean your combs and brushes is a teaspoon of baking soda and a tray filled with a cup of water.
Just soak your combs in it, and the dirt in them will get removed naturally. For hair brushes, you can use a cylindrical vessel for soaking.
5. Baking soda as toothpaste
There are a lot of women who love to use baking soda as toothpaste. However, you shouldn’t use it every day, as it has got a little abrasive effect.
For best results, you can use it as and when you feel that your teeth are getting yellower. Baking soda polishes your teeth and whitens them.
You can also add a pinch of baking soda to your toothpaste to whiten your teeth. You can do it every few weeks, but not too frequently.
6. Dish washer
Greasy tools are something women have to fight day in and day out. If you are sick and tired of trying to clean greasy pots and dishes without success, then the baking soda can be of great help to you.
Supposing the tool you want to clean is too greasy, then soak them for a while in a chocked sink full of water mixed with baking soda and wash them properly. If the grease on the utensils is not too sticky, then you can use baking soda infused dishwashing soap for cleaning them.
7. Shampoo for hair
Baking soda can be used to clean hair too. All you need to do is mix your regular shampoo with a little baking soda and form lather on your hair with it.
Once done shampooing, you must rinse your hair thoroughly. Baking soda can, no doubt, remove dirt from your hair, but it can also remove residues that styling products leave. Baking soda makes your hair silky, smooth, and of course, more manageable.
8. Removes stains
If you love your coffee and teapots and don’t want stains on them, then baking soda is what you need.
- If the stains are too stubborn, you can soak the utensils overnight in a solution of water, detergent and baking soda.
- Then clean them normally the next morning.
- As an alternative, you can scrub your utensils with a damp sponge sprinkled with baking soda.
- If you want to remove bitter off-tastes from your mugs and coffee makers, you can wash them in a solution of warm water and baking soda (1-quart water and ¼ cup baking soda) for great results.
Also Check: Best anti aging foods for younger looking skin
Yes, there is a plethora of brands available in the market that sells mouthwash. But they contain chemicals that can harm you in the long run.
That is why it’s best to use baking soda mouthwash which causes no side effects. Making this mouthwash is super easy and takes a very little time.
- For this, take a glass of water; put a teaspoon of baking soda into it.
- Now, add 3 drops of peppermint oil (an essential oil) to the solution, and stir it well.
- This is an amazing mouthwash that doesn’t just treat bad breath but also makes your mouth feel fresher for a long period of time.
10. Universal cleaner
It is not just combs and hair brushes that you can clean with baking soda, but you can also clean your makeup brushes with this amazing item.
The use of oil-based cosmetic products often leaves your brushes greasy, which makes them less efficient. If you don’t like this, then you can use a mixture of baking soda (1 teaspoon) and water (1 cup) to clean them.
First, you need to soak your brushes in this solution, let them be there for a while and then wash them off. Your makeup brushes will be squeaky clean.
Aren’t these some really amazing benefits of baking soda? Well yes, why not! So, the next time you need to clean your hair or teeth or those greasy utensils, you know baking soda is the first thing that is going to hit your mind.