Acai palm tree is tall, slender tree that grow 50-100 feet in height. In this post, we will talk about acai palm health benefits, uses and side effects.
The pinnate leaves are green and 10 feet long. The berries are round and ½ inch to 1 inch in size. They are green when they appear and then attain their purple color as they mature.
Acai berries have a seed in the center. The palm bears fruit throughout the year. You have two harvests, one during the January-June period and the other during the August-December period.
It has the common name Acai palm or Acai berries.
Botanical name and family
The botanical name is Euterpe oleraceae. It belongs to the Arecaceae family.
Geological places where acai palm grows
It grows natively in Central and South America. You find it growing in Brazil, Trinidad, and adjoining regions of northern South America.
Acai palm health benefits and medicinal uses
We see the uses of Acai berries for treating a number of medical conditions. It enhances the health of the person and is used as a staple food by the Amazonians.
- Cure for fever: The acai seeds are crushed and used to cure fever. They toast the seeds, and this brings out the chemicals that help cure the fever. They give the seeds twice a day for the best results.
- Stimulate the immune system: The natural substances in the berry are good for enhancing the immune system. People who take this regularly have a strong immune system.
- Good for lowering cholesterol: You can lower the cholesterol by having the Acai berries. They cut the amount of triglycerides and LDL cholesterol in the body.
- Helpful for diabetics: The action of the Acai berry helps keep the blood sugar level under control. This is useful for diabetics who can substitute the starchy foods for the Acai berry and benefit.
- Improve blood circulation: The blood vessels dilate and allow the passage of more blood when you have acai berries. This is useful for treating a variety of medical complaints related to improper blood flow.
- Treat liver complaints: The toxins build up in the liver over time. Acai fruit will help flush the toxins out and improve the liver health. Having this berry regularly will help augment the health by improving the liver condition.
- Have antiviral properties: Many viral infections can be prevented by using Acai berry preparations. This is due to the antiviral nature of the Acai berry. The substances in the Acai berry helps combat the virus and remove them from the body.
- Relieves muscle pain: Fatigue and muscle pain happen due to the build-up of toxins in the muscles. Acai berry helps to remove the toxins in the tissues of the body. This helps to make the person more active and energetic.
- Good for the heart: Reduces heart palpitation improves heart health and cures many cardiovascular diseases.
- Has good content of antioxidants: The antioxidants in Acai juice help fight the action of the free radicals. It prevents the onset of many diseases such as heart disease and cancer. Regular intake of Acai juice with the meal helps you stay healthy all the time.
- Has anticancer property: The acai powder contains flavonoid-like compounds along with proanthocyanidins that may stop the proliferation of cancer cells. They stop the multiplication of cancerous cells and prevent tumour formation.
- Hair growth supplement: You can use the Acai berries to improve the scalp health. Applying the paste of the berries to the scalp helps improve the condition of the scalp. This improves the growth of the hair and also augments the strength and health of the hair.
- Lower high blood pressure: One of the important functions of the Acai palm is to lower the blood pressure. This is vital for those who suffer from high blood pressure. Have Acai palm berry extracts often to get the best benefits from the berry.
Side Effects of Acai palm Berries
There are no known side effects. But, one or two people may experience allergies due to personal body conditions. Consult your physician if you should see any adverse reactions or rashes.
Include Acai palm berries in your diet and have a healthy life.